Itch - "Elastic" beat grids on the way.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Itch - "Elastic" beat grids on the way.

Morning!!

I've just been digging through a topic over in the serato forum, talking about the upcoming Itch V2.

http://www.serato.com/forum/discussion/189475

It looks like Itch is getting elastic beat grids!!

Here's a quote from one of the Serato forum's moderators

Hey Guys,

The beat grid will deal with tracks that have changing tempo's as well, you will be able to to map out bar positions to deal with songs that aren't a constant BPM. If you sync a straight track to something that changes speed either the straight track will change speed to follow or the "funky" track will get kept in time depending on which track is the master and which one is being synced.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Cheers
    dylan.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

With this news and the controller featured last week, Itch is looking very good all of a sudden, Traktor should be a little concerned they don't get left behind.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Tech Guru

yeah and i should be concerned that i just ordered traktor >.<

I bought an NS7 hoping to go back to traktor, but with Itch's new features, that might not happen!
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    yeah and i should be concerned that i just ordered traktor >.<
    Haha i wouldnt be concerned, Itch 2.0 isnt even out yet and Traktor Pro has this kinda style griding on its way too(though theres no definite release date)

Itch has A HELL of alot of catching up to do to catch up to Trakor (though itch does have its own unique advantages - mainly HID compatibility with a few controllers).

Worry about whats best for the moment, not what might be the best option around the corner

For the record: Dont take me the wrong way here, definitely not Itch/Serato hating here ! Its good to see this progress, it keeps the competition on their toes and promotes competition between the companies which is awesome for us users.

Tech Guru

i'm not sold on itch yet... all the "new" features (minus elastic beatgridding) that they're introducing have been available to traktor users since the release of traktor 3 ..... 4 years ago? LOL

Serato has a long way to go if they want to compete with Traktor in the controller dj market. I'm still waiting to see what their partnership with Ableton will bring, as it is I'm pretty underwhelmed by Serato.

Tech Mentor

This elastic grid is one of the first glimpses of what the partnership might be bringing!

Z

Tech Convert

Kinda with BentoSan on this one. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Heck, Hawtin still seems to be using an older version of Traktor because it's stable and does *exactly* what he wants. Like a lot of the guys I know who streamlined their live PA settings, you often find folks sticking with what' proven and works once they've gone to all the trouble of streamlining and optimizing their workflow...
    Evan Jones
    Soundproof / Area709 / Beheshto
    www.soundproof.ca
    www.area709.com/evan

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jones View Post
    Heck, Hawtin still seems to be using an older version of Traktor because it's stable and does *exactly* what he wants.
    OMG how many times. Ritchie Hawtin is not using Traktor 3. He is on TPRO exclusively . Dont be fooled by old videos that keep getting posted.

TPRO is as stable as any other version, more so in fact.

On Topic:
    Interesting that Itch will (eventually have) a warp like feature. Pitty there isnt a 2 deck Demo of Itch to try out.

Tech Convert

Ha! Sorry, Karlos - My bad. Don't follow the forums as closely as I'd like. I just remembered a lot of chatter about this from way back when.

Note: I didn't mean to come across as saying TPro isn't stable. Been using it - very happily - for 8 months now. But... original point was - If something works really, really well for you, why bother changing systems or programs for a single bell or whistle?
    Evan Jones
    Soundproof / Area709 / Beheshto
    www.soundproof.ca
    www.area709.com/evan

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast