PC Soundcard choices

Default PC Soundcard choices

Hi all.
    Ive just sorted myself out regarding live broadcasts for my mixes, on sites such as Mixlr & Mixify. Only the free accounts so i know im running lower quality audio and thats fine.

My question is i only have a PC soundcard running 3.5mm jacks in/out.

Do any of you guys upgrade your soundcards to ones with RCA or 6.3mm audio in so your streaming quality is better? Or am i wasting my time as it wont make much difference?

Regards

Buttkick

Don't know a lot about sound cards, Audio 2 is meant to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Guru

Do you need any ins?

And do you only need the one set of outs?

Soundcards will increase sound quality, so depends what you want.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Guru

Have a look at the Creative Sound Blaster and the ASUS Xonar series if you're looking for a PCIe card for your desktop, and don't want to spend too much.

The input connector type does not affect sound quality.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Have a look at the Creative Sound Blaster and the ASUS Xonar series if you're looking for a PCIe card for your desktop, and don't want to spend too much.

The input connector type does not affect sound quality.
    I thought the Sound Blaster was more for gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Does the sound card on your computer sound bad? If it sounds fine to you, just use what you have.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Default PC Soundcards

Howdy guys

Nah the sound is fine my end, because im using DJ speakers directly from the S2 im using, im bypassing the PC soundcard completely.

The issue im concentrating on is the sound quality for someone who is listening to a broadcast i do across the net, obviously then the sound needs to be looped back into the PC (via the onboard sound) which is input through the 3.5mm jack.

I just want the clearest sound possible really thats all. I just wondered if other people had upgraded their sound cards for this same purpose and if so what the results were

Id looked into the soundblaster and also an ASUS card too, the only one i could find with 2 x RCA inputs.

Regards

Buttkick

Tech Convert

Default Sound

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkick View Post
    Howdy guys

Nah the sound is fine my end, because im using DJ speakers directly from the S2 im using, im bypassing the PC soundcard completely.

The issue im concentrating on is the sound quality for someone who is listening to a broadcast i do across the net, obviously then the sound needs to be looped back into the PC (via the onboard sound) which is input through the 3.5mm jack.

I just want the clearest sound possible really thats all. I just wondered if other people had upgraded their sound cards for this same purpose and if so what the results were

Id looked into the soundblaster and also an ASUS card too, the only one i could find with 2 x RCA inputs.

Regards

Buttkick
    You can use the Audio 2 sound card and set the quality up real high and it sounds quite nice. I have done it numerous times. If you have a good sound card in your computer though there isn't really any need.