Virual DJ - CDJ Skins.... Good simulation?
    Tech Guru

Default Virual DJ - CDJ Skins.... Good simulation?

I play using CDJs + USB Stick only and I already have traktor 2 on my notebook, but I saw that virtal DJ has some skins for "simulating" equipments like the CDJ-2000 (which I don't have at home).
    Is it a good idea to download this software with the CDJ-2000 sking to simulate the CDJ?
    I mean, is it funcional? or is it purely visual?

Thanks.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

im not too sure, ive seen this skin but i havent played with it before. but i think it might just be a skin with a play and pause icon that you could click on. if you have VDJ pro you can go ahead and try it out.
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

no, they look horrible and you are correct.. for the most part it's all looks and not functionality. The good thing about pioneer gear is it's very simple to use, When I wanted to learn about the cdj-2000's when they were released I went to my local dj store and had a play before coming across them in a club. but it really only takes about 5 minutes to become accustomed to them.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    no, they look horrible and you are correct.. for the most part it's all looks and not functionality. The good thing about pioneer gear is it's very simple to use, When I wanted to learn about the cdj-2000's when they were released I went to my local dj store and had a play before coming across them in a club. but it really only takes about 5 minutes to become accustomed to them.
    Thanks bro!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag