auto fade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: auto fade

Tech Convert

Default auto fade

Hey Everyone,

So some friends and I are planning on doing century club some time soon (100 shots of beer in 100 minutes). I thought a cool idea would be to have 100 songs play during the competition. that way we would know when to take our next drink. Using Traktor is there any way to queue up 100 songs and have each one automatically switch to the next song at the 1 minute mark?

Pretty sure this is not possible

Tech Convert

does anyone know a software package that does this? maybe something freeware? i only really plan on using it this one time.

there is an iphone app that toggles through songs randomly in your i tunes every 1 minute. i think its called the power hour app or something along those lines

Tech Wizard

Just sequence it, using ableton or such (I guess there should be some freeware or cheap audio editor or daw able to do that in).

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, you could do it, theoretically. You'd just need to use your fade-in and fade-out points for the 100 tracks (set ahead of time) and then use auto-mix. At least, you could in T3 and Final Scratch, and I'm pretty sure you still can in TPro.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I'd build it in a DAW. Ableton preferably (i can't use ableton but i'm sure it's the best solution).

Or you could mash it out quick style in Traktor and record it. Maybe set up the 3rd deck to have some effects in - an airhorn maybe - and blast that over each new mix!
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

i guess the best "dj" app for this would be mix meister, since it has a timeline. but yeah .. any DAW with a timeline should be able to handle your use case starting with garageband. well it wouldnt be automatic .. but it would be easy for you to see what is going on ..

on the other hand if you want to "script" it .. then i would say use bome midi translator and set triggers to switch the music after one minute. if you dont want to buy bome's .. you could do the same with mixxx, which is free and open source .. well actually i am not sure if 1.7 already provides triggers ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

it is OK . NOW?

If in need of DJ Equipment contact me. My Name is Vjack of HongKong. sale have
    cd-packages
    cdmp3-players
    mixers

i'm willing to bet there are already century club mixes out there. but if u wanted to do your own, u could just draw in an automation in any daw you work with. or you could even do it audacity probably. unless you want it beatmatched and stuff, but when playing century club, i doubt anyone would mind if it wasnt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast