Text To Speech

Thread: Text To Speech

Default Text To Speech

I would like to add "winnipeg" the city i'm playing in right before the break starts in this song: at about the 2:50 mark. So it would have the effect of: Winnipeg ARE YOU READY? Not sure if the mac speech to voice stuff will do for this one. I think it needs something sounding a little more professional. Any idea where I could get this? Thanks!

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    That still seems to unnatural to me. Like you can clearly tell that it was a computer that did it and it would really stick out if i played the song.

Quote Originally Posted by a burdenless pig View Post
    That still seems to unnatural to me. Like you can clearly tell that it was a computer that did it and it would really stick out if i played the song.
    A lot of them are like that unfortunately. Your best bet is probably to just use a mic or use your headphones as a mic if you don't have one.

Btw i've played in winnipeg a few times + brought some winnipeg djs down to play here, you guys have a great scene
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    A lot of them are like that unfortunately. Your best bet is probably to just use a mic or use your headphones as a mic if you don't have one.

Btw i've played in winnipeg a few times + brought some winnipeg djs down to play here, you guys have a great scene
    Haha ya for a small town we've got a great scene. What's it like in Regina?

record yourself

Quote Originally Posted by a burdenless pig View Post
    Haha ya for a small town we've got a great scene. What's it like in Regina?
    Its alright, not very consistent but there have been some good nights here. Saskatoon is a lot better and its only 2 hours away
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Tech Mentor

I would go with the synthetic voice vibe with a Benny Benassi kind of sound. I hate talking into a mic due to my stu..stu...stu...stutter. So I would always find ways around it. I would usually prerecord radio "drops" using apple voice tts recorded with audio hijack and then put through Ableton efx like beat repeat, pitch shift and delay. I didn't have traktor then so I would use a cdj with the different drops on each track. I would assume that would unnecessary with traktor and remix decks. You could even have them synced.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

another option is look for samples of people saying/shouting winnipeg then cut them up if you have to then add some effects to it to make it more natural sounding like maybe a sprinkle of reverb or something
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Tech Mentor

Or teach a dog to be your hype man. Just get that husky that says "I love you".
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental