Traktor feature idea: Doodles
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor feature idea: Doodles

I have a few idea of how Traktor can get better, but they're always just minor improvements to an already great platform, no real game changer. However, this doodle idea would be amazing.

Imagine you're analyzing your new tracks and getting to know the structure. You use your 8 cue points, but there's things you want to point out about the track. Is cue point 6 or 7 the drop? The bass comes in on 6 but it's only 32 beats after that cue point 7 comes in, why? Obviously, if you only DJ with a small library, you'll (hopefully) know your cue points like the back of your hand. But when you have more tracks, it'd be nothing short of superhuman to remember every detail of every track. So, you just doodle right on the track.

You scribble next to cue point 6 "32 beat bridge" and next to cue point 7 "Boom selecta" or whatever your term is for a drop. The little window that shows your whole track will show you the doodles, whilst text will scroll past when the track eventually reaches that point. Essentially, it would save an overlay image with a 100x5000 resolution or whatever length the track is.

It would be a great way to place reminders directly into the track where you can see it, no need to scroll around your browser window or having to memorise a system like DJNotation.

Anyone else think they could use a system like this? (I know you can name the cue points, but then you have to expand the deck to find the name, this system would be much quicker)
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

I like it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Also when you cover for your mate whilst he goes for toilet break you can draw massive dongs all over his tracks.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

You can already name cues in VDJ, if that is really important to you give it a try.. you can even map in name's.. I made a skin that has buttons to name cuepoints the name's I regularly use.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can already name your cuepoints in Traktor. I think that OP want a pop massage when certain cue cross over a needle position.

that's what it does in VDJ although it's a bit hard to read as it's really small writing
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!