Traktor wont play itunes songs

Default Traktor wont play itunes songs

Hi im really new to djing ive been creating music for a long time but never djing so im just trying to figure everything out so i got a dj controller and traktor pro 2 but unfortunately now i cant play my songs i bought from itunes. It worked perfectly when i first got it and the next day when i woke up to try it and i put a song into a deck and it says file cannot be found and i tried everything from trying to analize the files to deleting and reinstalling the program but none of that worked.

if anyone could help me that would be great

easy fix but a pain in the ass. You need to reimport them into itunes pretty much, choose the songs you want and either burn the to cds and reDL them (will lower quality) or for a quick fix you can use the program aimersoft drm. ITs like $30 i think but its well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokoboarder View Post
    easy fix but a pain in the ass. You need to reimport them into itunes pretty much, choose the songs you want and either burn the to cds and reDL them (will lower quality) or for a quick fix you can use the program aimersoft drm. ITs like $30 i think but its well worth it.
    will it work if i just delete all my songs of itunes and redownload them off of it?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokoboarder View Post
    No, no, no this is not correct.
    The OP says the tracks played fine one day and not the next therefore they are not DRM protected.

When Traktor cannot play a track, usually giving the misleading warning "missing or DRM protected" it simply means that the paths to the tracks have been broken. This is usually caused by the user renaming the track (therefore the name Traktor looks for has changed) or the user has moved the tracks from one folder or drive to another or in some cases, when iTunes is updated (especially from an old version) iTunes itself renames the music folder and Traktor cannot find the original folder as in the case when Apple decided to move Music to Media/Music (or whatever it was).

Check that the location of your iTunes music folder in preferences is correct.
    Then click on > Track Collection > Relocate (and point to the folder that contains the music).

Traktor will take some time but it will rebuild the paths to the music that have been previously broken.

And one last point...... in the 9 years that I have been using Traktor I have NEVER seen any justification for uninstalling the software and reinstalling to solve an issue. All issues can be resolved without reinstallation.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Check that the location of your iTunes music folder in preferences is correct.
    Then click on > Track Collection > Relocate (and point to the folder that contains the music).

Traktor will take some time but it will rebuild the paths to the music that have been previously broken.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by James123 View Post
    Hi im really new to djing ive been creating music for a long time but never djing so im just trying to figure everything out so i got a dj controller and traktor pro 2 but unfortunately now i cant play my songs i bought from itunes. It worked perfectly when i first got it and the next day when i woke up to try it and i put a song into a deck and it says file cannot be found and i tried everything from trying to analize the files to deleting and reinstalling the program but none of that worked.

This happend to me yesterday, go into preferences in Itunes under the edit tab and then go to advancend and change the file (Ittunes media file location) and find the file were the songs are saved and set it to that folder. Once its set go into your music libary via itunes and click the songs that wont play. A window should pop up saying please locate this file, click locate file and go into the folder were all of your songs are and manually find the song your trying to locate. It then should automatically find all of the missing ones, all your songs will work and then everything in Traktor should be dandy it just looks like youve moved the files around!!

Tech Convert

Default Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by James123 View Post

You need to have quicktime installed if the music you're playing was bought off of itunes.