Happy Holidaze for Beatport employees...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Happy Holidaze for Beatport employees...

"Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

"organisational changes" eh.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I was reading the comments under the article, and I do not understand what people do not get. No corporation cares about employees, nor should they. They are there to make money. If your department isn't making money and is operating at a loss for long periods they are supposed to get chopped. People talking about "the EDM industry" and shit. Get the hell out of here. It's a fucking business not some website that's up for free.

So beatport is now going to sell tickets for major festivals?
    How great
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I was reading the comments under the article, and I do not understand what people do not get. No corporation cares about employees, nor should they. They are there to make money. If your department isn't making money and is operating at a loss for long periods they are supposed to get chopped. People talking about "the EDM industry" and shit. Get the hell out of here. It's a fucking business not some website that's up for free.
    Treat your employees like shit, you get shit employees.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

It's true.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Wow. I get the reality in your post dude I really do but society will go down the shitter real quick if everyone had that view. Corporations should care. These are people lives, not commodities. Forgive my communist nut job views though eh

One day it might be you getting shit on. I truly hope not but...

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    ...and shit P.R as well by the looks of it.

Yeehaw capitalism
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Sooooo...that happened...

sad but true business fact, many businesses are bought out with the sole intention of dismantling competition, even if that means destroying the company. Unfortunate for those employees to be in the line of fire, but that's business.

What I find a bit appalling, although it could just be a poor choice of words on the author's part, is that a few months pay ("will take them into early next year") is considered a "substantial severance package".

Please excuse my friend Cold, he is a little confused....

If you look at big companies in the US, most spoil their employees. Look at Google for instance. The employees get treated like royalty with all the perks they get. Happy employees are willing g to go further and do more for their employer. Simple as that.

The one part Cold did get right was the fact that at the end of the day, a business's job is to make money. Be it money for shareholders, etc. If a department is not producing and all measures have been taken to grant them success, they have to go. A business isn't a friendship at the end of the day....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast