I have no-one to go clubbing with D:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have no-one to go clubbing with D:

Heya, I have a bit of a problem. I want to support my local scene, get involved (and get the gigs of course!)
    But the thing is all my friends are band-guys, they barely go out and if they do they go to a top-40 bar rather than a club...

Has anyone else here encountered this problem...?

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Just go alone a couple times, chain smoke and stand around the bar and meet some people?

Tech Mentor

Definitely do the chain smoking thing, and try to look really intense. It'll attract the girls big time and then you won't be alone.

Yeah, I've been out a few times on my own. Depends how blasted you are. Been to plenty of gigs on my own so I'm not that bothered about going a club solo. To be honest the last few time I've been clubbing with people, we've all ended up doing our own thing anyway. Just go and don't worry about it.

Find out who promotes certain events, and show them some support on social media platforms as well... Try and get in touch with them on Facebook and shit, then once you go out, find them and introduce yourself.. The nest step is to show your face often, if they do small little events on the side, always participate. I was in a similar situation for a bit until I went out and it has already landed me very legit gigs.... Trust me, get fucked up with the right people and you really never know what may happen. (Unless getting fucked up isn't your thing)

I have been showing the local promoters support on social media, they kind of know who I am and I've already done a few gigs for them... (About 4 spread over almost a year)
    But I read that showing support in person would be a much better way to get booked, so I want to try that ^^
    The thing is, they're much older than me so I could imagine they wouldn't want to hang with a 'kid'...

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Tech Wizard

If you want to stand alone in front of the crowd you should be able to stand alone in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yeah, I've been out a few times on my own. Depends how blasted you are. Been to plenty of gigs on my own so I'm not that bothered about going a club solo. To be honest the last few time I've been clubbing with people, we've all ended up doing our own thing anyway. Just go and don't worry about it.
    I completely agree. I don't mind going out by myself. It can even be more fun than going out with friends because you're pretty much forced to meet new people. And after you realize that, it's pretty much an exponential curve: the more you go out, the more people you meet and after a couple of months there will always be someone you know at the club.
    I also agree with the being blasted thing, you do need the right state of mind to go out alone. But then it really can be quite awesome. Being comfortable being by oneself is also a good thing if by some lucky coincidence one's DJing career should take off. If you can't stand being on your own, how are you going to survive those countless hours on trains/planes/airports/... (I don't gig that much for this to be personal experience, but it is a simple fact that as a working DJ you will spend most of your time travelling to and from gigs).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

But seriously - just go on your own, I find I always meet more interesting people when you aren't concentrating on your mates making idiots of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvee View Post
    I have been showing the local promoters support on social media, they kind of know who I am and I've already done a few gigs for them... (About 4 spread over almost a year)
    But I read that showing support in person would be a much better way to get booked, so I want to try that ^^
    The thing is, they're much older than me so I could imagine they wouldn't want to hang with a 'kid'...
    Doesn't matter man, you guys are there for the music at the end of the day. Go to the events often, overtime the same people will respect you for supporting them the way you do… I had a similar situation recently, just going out and showing support took me a long way and landed me a few legit gigs.

I often go out by myself and actually, it has bagged me a few gigs. A few of the promoters really respect the fact that I've made the effort to go out by myself, it can be strange at first but if it's anything like where I live, you'll always bump into the same people and before you know it, you're going out with mates again....
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast