Costs: VCI 100 SE to germany
    Tech Student

Default Costs: VCI 100 SE to germany

Hey djtechtools.com, first of all: you are a great site and im checking it out everyday !
    i'm from germany and want to order a VCI 100 SE (which are temporarily unavaible).

I have 2 questions:

- Can you tell me please how much i will have to pay for the shipping costs (germany)?

- Annualised the price of the VCI 100 SE of $549 is 375€. But in germany even a normal VCI 100 costs 500€.
    Are their any other costs for me because i want to order to germany?

Thank you very much!
    Excuse me please for my bad english i hope you can understand everything please tell me if not.

I think the best option for both your questions is to email the support: orders@djtechtools.com
    I emailed the support some weeks ago and got this reply:
    Shipping to the Netherlands is around $51 USD for Priority shipping which takes 7-14 business days. For about $66 USD youc an upgrade to Express shipping which usually arrives within a week and has much more accurate online tracking information.
    but that was shipping to the Netherlands (even though I think Germany is the same price)
    Other costs may include custom taxes but again, ask the support about this.

Your english is understandable, no problem!

Tech Student

thanks sj03w4t , ok i will write a email to the support and post the answer then here.

be sure you let them mark your package as a gift once you order, otherwise there can be some huge import taxes, so in the end it costs more than one out a german store.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Don't ever, ever try to cheat the german customs by getting your delivery marked as a gift! It is just not worth the risk, because the recipient is held responsible for wrong declarations. If they catch you, it's going to be a lot more expensive. Plus German customs get suspicious of "gifts" from companies very quickly.

As far as I know, there is no import fee on computer input devices (that's what a vci will be to German customs, I guess). BUT there is 19% value added tax, and that goes on top of the price INCLUDING the shipping fee. You will have to pay that, or else trouble.... So I guess you will be getting very close to the 500 Euros you pay fo a VCI in German stores. But of course you won't be able to get a SE model here...

(now wondering why I wrote all that in english)

the vci100 is 425€ at the musicstore in cologne..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Nice, the best price I saw online was to import it from the UK, which runs about 460 Euros incl. s+h. But then you would need to get the SE-Upgrade and Overlay separately.
    I'm not quite sure about the exclusion of computer-periphials from the tax, but german customs seem to look out for 2 things in particular: a) is the sending party a company? and b) is the value for the goods in any way reasonable?
    Had a shop ship me some sweaters and t-shirts (which simply aren't available here in Germany), they tried to do me a favor in marking the value from $100 to $30. Which of course customs noticed and which lead to me having to answer a very pissed officer why my total value was $30 dollars when the site stated that every single sweater costs more than that.
    I mix stuff on my things...

order questions should be directed to orders@djtechtools.com

Tech Student

thank you all for the answers

here is the mail of orders@djtechtools.com which has arrived me yesterday:

------
    Hi Jens,

Shipping to Germany is approximately $51 USD and takes 7-14 business days. For about $15 more you can upgrade to Express shipping which usually arrives within 1 week and includes much more accurate online tracking information.

The VCI-100 has no Tariff charges when imported into europe (TARIC code 8471606090). Some countries including Germany and the UK may charge VAT which is %10-%20 of the stated value. Even with VAT, it is still less expensive the import a VCI-100SE than to purchase a regular one in Europe. Dj TechTools is not responsible for any import taxes you may be charged but we do reduce the declated value.

Hope this helps!

Phil Reyneri, WebStore Support Wizard
    DJ TechTools Orders Dept.
    59 Moss St. Suite A
    San Francisco, CA 94103
    (877) 246-8958
    www.djtechtools.com
    www.twitter.com/djtechtools
    www.facebook.com/djtechtools

------

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    Don't ever, ever try to cheat the german customs by getting your delivery marked as a gift! It is just not worth the risk, because the recipient is held responsible for wrong declarations. If they catch you, it's going to be a lot more expensive. Plus German customs get suspicious of "gifts" from companies very quickly.

As far as I know, there is no import fee on computer input devices (that's what a vci will be to German customs, I guess). BUT there is 19% value added tax, and that goes on top of the price INCLUDING the shipping fee. You will have to pay that, or else trouble.... So I guess you will be getting very close to the 500 Euros you pay fo a VCI in German stores. But of course you won't be able to get a SE model here...

(now wondering why I wrote all that in english)
    # this.

ganz schφn viele Leute aus Dortmund in dem kleinen Forum hier