Where can I find 24bit/96Khz music?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Where can I find 24bit/96Khz music?

I see this as the limit of sound quality for many sound devices, like CDJs and etc.
    But where can I get tracks with this quality?
    I can't seem to get nothing higher than 16bit/44,1khz at beatport.
    I'm just curious, I know I won't hear the difference with my headphones or speakers.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    I see this as the limit of sound quality for many sound devices, like CDJs and etc.
    But where can I get tracks with this quality?
    make them

I can't seem to get nothing higher than 16bit/44,1khz at beatport.
    I'm just curious, I know I won't hear the difference with my headphones or speakers.
    • Because the file sizes would be huge
    • Because 16bit is already CD Audio
    • Because you won't hear the difference

Great topic on headfi ... http://www.head-fi.org/t/415361/24bi...-myth-exploded

Bottom line really is that 24bit is only really useful for the studio mix when combining multiple tracks together it gives you more room to maneuver.

24/96 track in a club is a bit like driving a lamborgini in heavy traffic - utterly pointless
    Last edited by deevey; 12-11-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Tech Guru

Hm, thanks
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Convert

I agree with deevey, it's useful in production and for processing, but for the final output it's unnecessary despite what some folks say.

If the text of the previous link is a bit wordy, this is a fairly well known video that explains with some great demos too:

http://xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml

I get few tracks from the naim label and http://www.highresaudio.com/ however there's not alot of music there which I use for djing.
    Just for listening at home, and boy, there is a huge difference but as someone mentioned it's not worth to bring to a club.
    You will need some serious HiFi to make it worth with high res audio.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    I get few tracks from the naim label and http://www.highresaudio.com/ however there's not alot of music there which I use for djing.
    Just for listening at home, and boy, there is a huge difference but as someone mentioned it's not worth to bring to a club.
    You will need some serious HiFi to make it worth with high res audio.
    No, there really isn't a huge difference, at least one brought on by the bitrate or sample rate. The difference between bitrates literally has nothing to do with sound quality, and cannot be heard by human ears anyway. While a high sample rate only has one specific purpose on one specific part of the digital chain. Both are literally a waste of space otherwise.

only 24bit track i own have been given away directly by producers.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    No, there really isn't a huge difference, at least one brought on by the bitrate or sample rate. The difference between bitrates literally has nothing to do with sound quality, and cannot be heard by human ears anyway. While a high sample rate only has one specific purpose on one specific part of the digital chain. Both are literally a waste of space otherwise.
    I hear the clear difference between AIFF and MP3, so bitrate surely has to do with sound quality..... if it doesn't than what does??

I hear the clear difference between AIFF and MP3
    Honestly? You can take an .aiff file, convert it to a 320kbps .mp3 file, and tell the difference in a blind test?

Worrying about this type of thing is EXACTLY what will stop you from progressing as amusicion/DJ/perfomer. It's a distraction.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Honestly? You can take an .aiff file, convert it to a 320kbps .mp3 file, and tell the difference in a blind test?

Worrying about this type of thing is EXACTLY what will stop you from progressing as amusicion/DJ/perfomer. It's a distraction.
    I have my doubts about this as well. But be that as it may, comparing the bitrate of a lossless file to the bitrates of lossy compression formats is absurd.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast