Which one is good for beginner? Launch pad vs Maschine Mk2 vs or the others...
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Which one is good for beginner? Launch pad vs Maschine Mk2 vs or the others...

    Hi guys. I'm considering purchasing one of the products I mentioned.. But I'm in a trouble picking up one device.
    cost, easiness to use software, portability,...... can you recommend just one device with specific reasons for beginner like me?

  2. #2
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15

    Default

    You should spend some time on the internet and see the reviews of the users which enable you the make the final decision. As far as I think then Maschine would probably be the best option for you. Its interface is not very complicated and anyone can easily pick it up. Its software really helps it to integrate with the hardware.

  3. #3
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    64

    Default

    First of all, what are you going to use the device for?

  4. #4
    Tech Mentor arsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pleb View Post
    First of all, what are you going to use the device for?
    I agree, if you know what its uses and what you will use it for, you will easily identify what you need.

    if for example you are into producing music, get the maschine. if you are only going to use it as a controller (to launch clips & cue points ,finger drum, etc.), then get the launchpad.

    if you are into djing, then a different controller is for you.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default ,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    I agree, if you know what its uses and what you will use it for, you will easily identify what you need.

    if for example you are into producing music, get the maschine. if you are only going to use it as a controller (to launch clips & cue points ,finger drum, etc.), then get the launchpad.

    if you are into djing, then a different controller is for you.
    you're right but I haven't thought about that.,.. but now the cost is the top priority now. maschine is out of my budget.

    can't i produce music LP? i just want to know about it

  6. #6
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Completely different beasts. Launchpad is a controller, Maschine is a controller.

    .. With a Soundcard, and a VST. And velocity sensitive pads. And screens. Basically you can make songs in just Maschine alone, but Launchpad you'll need to get Ableton/FL/Logic or whatever you want to use.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

  7. #7
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Maschine doesn't have an audio interface

  8. #8
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    994

    Default

    Does it not!? I always thought it did.

    Oh wow it doesn't! Still completely different beasts though haha.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Completely different beasts. Launchpad is a controller, Maschine is a controller.

    .. With a Soundcard, and a VST. And velocity sensitive pads. And screens. Basically you can make songs in just Maschine alone, but Launchpad you'll need to get Ableton/FL/Logic or whatever you want to use.
    You mean I can make music by myself with launchpad if I have ableton or some other programs? I wanna buy maschine but I got to know that it is way too expensive. Out of ma budget.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •