Question for users of touchable 2 for ipad

Default Question for users of touchable 2 for ipad

So hey I'm thinking of getting this app, but I'm wondering if it's possible to actually monitor ableton through the iPads headphone port, or if u have to plug your headphones into your sound card that's attached to your laptop. Also what kind of range can you expect from wifi. In essence is it possible for me to set this up and then sit in my living room and control ableton while listening to everything through the ipad ?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I doubt very much if it can, It's probably just using MIDI or OSC to transfer data, so no audio.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    So hey I'm thinking of getting this app, but I'm wondering if it's possible to actually monitor ableton through the iPads headphone port, or if u have to plug your headphones into your sound card that's attached to your laptop. Also what kind of range can you expect from wifi. In essence is it possible for me to set this up and then sit in my living room and control ableton while listening to everything through the ipad ?
    Hey Deejaesnafu, touchable 2 is a midi controller for Ableton, not a soundcard. You'd still need a soundcard to monitor Ableton. That'd be bad ass though to be able to wirelessly monitor Ableton through your headphones. I think we're still a ways off from having this without any serious latency.