Dj`ing in a club - Controller, Mixer & Sound card ???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Or just make things easier for everyone including yourself and learn to use CDJs

How does someone get paid to DJ at a club yet doesn't know how to turn the sound on?
    MacPro 8 core 16GB • 22" Cinema HD • 17" MacBook PRO 4GB • 2x Technics 1200 mk2 • 2x Eurolite flight cases • Numark 4TRAK • Vestax PMC-07 Pro • NI Traktor Kontrol F1 • NI Traktor Pro 2.6 • Ableton 9 Suite • Akai MPK49 • MDR-V700DJ hps • AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio hps • 2x KRK Rokit6 monitors G2 • 2x JBL LSR4328P professional monitors • Arturia MINILAB • Focusrite Saffire PRO14 • Blue SPARK mic • MASCHINE 2 with 2.2 • 1 mill-e-on VSTs

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Thank god someone said it... ^
    i assummed he was planning on bringing the iMac to gigs

Default Thanks!!!

Hi guys,

Thanks again for all the great feed back. And yes I know I need a computer

And yes I called faders slide bars... I`m not DJ`ing in Ibiza... I`m doing this for a friend.. have a great ear and music selection I`m going through the learning process again...

8 years ago I was a small club and my friend who was spinning was going to be late for her gig. I picked up a vinyl and started spinning that`s how I learned. I may not know all the terms or what every cable is called but i`m getting there.

It`s like putting a paint brush in somenes hand and they start painting an amazing picture... There not sure what brush they are holding or what type of paint they are using BUT they have a natural way of doing it.

Again thanks to all of you this was helpful.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kindaFAST View Post
    How does someone get paid to DJ at a club yet doesn't know how to turn the sound on?
    This

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Yeah... No. A truly "professional" photographer will get better pictures with a disposable than any random college kid with an SLR. Same goes for DJs. It's not the gear that matters to the crowd!
    End product is really all that matters. That's our mindset as a DJ. I get what you're saying here. The people that book you may be able to look past that first impression, and only look at what the end result was, maybe not. You'd be surprised how many owners/promoters started off as DJ's, and are close minded when it comes to controllers, you're a failure to them before you even played a song and there's not much you can do to change their opinion. I don't think it would be fair if we didn't warn the OP of this.
    Last edited by manchild; 12-13-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12