Traktor Pro 2 takes hours to open?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro 2 takes hours to open?

Ok I already emailed Native Instruments tech support about this and they are useless and slow to return feedback. When I try to launch Traktor Pro 2 it takes hours to open up. The task bar indicates it's running in the background but it's not open?

I had Windows 7 32 bit then upgraded to Windows 8 64 bit. Traktor was working just fine on Windows 8, now it's not opening at all.

This is what I tried I moved the Traktor folder on the desktop and tried to launch it from there. That didn't work.
    I deleted the program and all the folders associated with it using Revo uninstaller (the registry was cleaned out)
    I right clicked open as administrator that didn't work?

The only thing I can think of is I changed some of the Windows settings to optimize audio based on DJ Tech Tools suggestions. http://youtu.be/5Bla5vvQBG8?t=1m50s

I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find anything.

Please help

Tech Guru

You should probably do a clean reinstall of all applications after upgrading Windows.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

And after that...if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm thinking those optimizations may be a tad outdated(?)
    Haven't had to do anything like the video suggests since I ran Windows XP but I use a Mac at home now. I can't however speak for Windows 8 optimizations.
    What kind of gear are you using...audio card, MIDI devices etc...

Also you may want to look at Event Viewer to see what sort of error messages you find. In Windows 7 it is under Control Panel>System and Security> Administrative Tools>Event Viewer. Maybe Windows 8 is the same
    Last edited by space monkey; 12-12-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Tech Wizard

I did do a clean re-install all after I upgraded to Windows 8. You had to when you go from 32 bit Windows 7 to 64 bit Windows 8. It worked just fine on Windows 8 until now. Something has to be corrupted?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    And after that...if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm thinking those optimizations may be a tad outdated(?)
    Haven't had to do anything like the video suggests since I ran Windows XP but I use a Mac at home now. I can't however speak for Windows 8 optimizations.
    What kind of gear are you using...audio card, MIDI devices etc...

Also you may want to look at Event Viewer to see what sort of error messages you find. In Windows 7 it is under Control Panel>System and Security> Administrative Tools>Event Viewer. Maybe Windows 8 is the same
    I'm using a S4

Tech Wizard

OK do you think this has something to do with my problem. When I was updating to 2.6.5 it failed in the Traktor Service Center? I don't know what the heck is wrong this is frustrating. SMH

Remove the previous installation(s). Restart the computer. Start a new installation with Administrator priviledges (right click on the installer file). Traktop Pro needs to be installed in Administrator mode otherwise you will encouter problems for sure.

When installed in Administrator mode, the Service Center will Always start in this mode and update correctly.

Also check if Windows UAC isn't disabled (see http://www.articulate.com/support/st...f-in-windows-8). Disabling UAC might also result in priviledge problems.

When there's still a massive delay in startup, uncheck Import Music-folders at Startup in the File Management in Settings.

On some Windows 8 installs I've seen that Traktor Pro starts, flashes the screen a few times and than minimizes untill fully started. When not visible after some time and inactivity of the harddisk, you can click in the bottom right corner next to the clock. Clicking once will minimize all opened apps. Now click Traktor Pro on the taskbar to return to the previous Window size (which was left in an incorrect state, just happens with some apps). You can also try to right click on the task bar and select one of the windows tiling options, perhaps the main window is shown extremely minimized of outside of the visible area (happens when on multiple or other sized monitors used previously).
    Last edited by Sleurhutje; 12-13-2013 at 05:42 AM.

Have you opened a support ticket with native instruments?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sleurhutje View Post
    Remove the previous installation(s). Restart the computer. Start a new installation with Administrator priviledges (right click on the installer file). Traktop Pro needs to be installed in Administrator mode otherwise you will encouter problems for sure.

When installed in Administrator mode, the Service Center will Always start in this mode and update correctly.

Also check if Windows UAC isn't disabled (see http://www.articulate.com/support/st...f-in-windows-8). Disabling UAC might also result in priviledge problems.

When there's still a massive delay in startup, uncheck Import Music-folders at Startup in the File Management in Settings.

On some Windows 8 installs I've seen that Traktor Pro starts, flashes the screen a few times and than minimizes untill fully started. When not visible after some time and inactivity of the harddisk, you can click in the bottom right corner next to the clock. Clicking once will minimize all opened apps. Now click Traktor Pro on the taskbar to return to the previous Window size (which was left in an incorrect state, just happens with some apps). You can also try to right click on the task bar and select one of the windows tiling options, perhaps the main window is shown extremely minimized of outside of the visible area (happens when on multiple or other sized monitors used previously).
    Thank you for the detailed suggestions, unfortunately that didn't work either. I'm just going to re-install Windows 8 again I tried everything.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Have you opened a support ticket with native instruments?
    Yes I have they sent me their NI support tool. I ran the software and sent it back to them yesterday evening. I haven't heard anything back yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast