Which is suitable for beginners ? Numark Mixtrack Pro vs Pioneer DDJ WEGO 2??
    Tech Convert

Default Which is suitable for beginners ? Numark Mixtrack Pro vs Pioneer DDJ WEGO 2??

Hi guys, my name is Zachary and I'm from Hong Kong. I got inspired by DjRavine and wanted to be a dj also since I wanted to be a dj when I discovered mash up , electro musics and beatboxing. As the titile said, I'm considering in getting one of these dj controllers Numark Mixtrack Pro vs Pioneer DDJ WEGO 2. My mainly output is from my iPad Air and laptop (windows 8). I'm completely new to this kind of stuff , so please do give me some advice . Thx ~~~

Tech Guru

Well with the WeGo you'll be able to DJ straight off your iPad using dJay, no laptop needed. VirtualDJ LE comes with it, as I think it does with the Mixtrack Pro as well, but when you're out and about it is a really portable bread and butter solution.

It all depends on how flexible you want to be. If you want to do Mashups (And I mean, real mash ups) live then you'd ideally want control of 4 decks and something like the Kontrol F1.

What kind of ball park are we in with the budget? (I'm assuming about £300 since that's the price of the WeGo)
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Guru

The DDJ-SB would be a better comparison to the Mixtrack.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I agree that the DDJ-SB would be the best choice.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

DJ and beatboxing - I'd consider grabbing a Traktor for it's loop recorder and using it as a vocal sampling tool. You can set a loop size, record and layer sounds on top each other but you can also grab any recorded sample and drag it in to remix deck for retriggering or to simply keep them looped.

Ofc, you'll be needing a controller with Mic input which SB does have.

The Traktor Kontrol S2 is another good option. you get professional dj software with it and it works with iPads with the traktor app
    Hercules RMX 2 Traktor Kontrol F1
    Check out my F1 hot cue mapping https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1376

Tech Convert

Thank you for all of yr advices^_^ But i think that the DDJ SB is not complitable with ipad since i cant find any youtubers on youtube to use it with an ipad. How about the Numark iDj Pro ,how do u guys think about it ? btw , i think i use the dj controller just for mixng songs instaed of adding beatbox inside and loop it . So now im considering to get the Ddj wego2 or the Numark iDj Pro or other advice from you guys ?
    P.S If there is a dj controller that is complitable with ipad and laptop , please do suggest me^_^ . Thx
    Sorry for being annoying as im new to this xD

Tech Convert

My budget is under $4000HKG