iv gotta problem that i cant fix
    Tech Wizard

Default iv gotta problem that i cant fix

hi there

i have a asus laptop with 1.73 centrino processor and 1 gb of ram+vci-100 1.3 + traktor pro 1.2 + the newest djtt tsi and a hercules dj console mp3 as my soundcard.
    everything works great even the latency, iv got 7 ms.
    there are no dropouts. testet it for about 4 hours.
    the only thing thats bothering me is that when i press the cue shift(that turns transport buttons in cue buttons(no overlay))there is aj dropout.
    what could be the problem?
    the other thing is that my right beatmasher stays on after releasing the jogwheel
    my winxp is streamlined and works great.

greetings
    thanx for any help
    Last edited by shomili; 10-05-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

For the beatmasher problem try adjusting the sensitivity of the jog wheel in the back, and make sure that the command in the TSI is set to Hold and not to toggle.

Also, try upping your latency to 10 or 11 ms and see if the cue shift still gives you a problem.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

he guys
    i did the folowing, the thing with the dropouts when pressing some buttons is gone, but i had to disable the midi out thing.
    the latency didnt change anything. in fact im under 5 ms somehow
    that sucks because now i have to look at te screen for some information. can u tell me if this appears with win7, or is it a known xp bug?i hoped that they are gona fix it in 1.2.1 version
    im thinking of installing it on it because on my big machine it works great with win7
    there are no dropouts....what do u say?
    and the thing with the jogwheels release efx thing is only on the right deck...how can that be?
    thanx for your help advocat
    Last edited by shomili; 10-07-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shomili View Post
    can u tell me if this appears with win7, or is it a known xp bug?i hoped that they are gona fix it in 1.2.1 version
    AFAIK it's PC thing, so far XP users had the problem, Vista users as well and haven't heard anything from W7 crowd...
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Yeah, this is a very well known Windows problem.

However, it doesn't sound like it's exactly the same. I'd up your latency to 10ms cause there's not real need for it to be at 5ms. It could help free up some resources.

Did you try changing the sensitivity on the back of the VCI for the jog wheels?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Not bringing anything to the thread but sorry, couldn't resist:
    "iv gotta problem that i cant fix"
    => "'cause I can't do it, in the mix!"

I'll be running away now

Tech Wizard

hey guys

iv tried anything from 4 to 15 ms and there are changes but only in the form of the dropout, always sounds crappy. all the resources that i could free i did but nothing changed...
    i think that win7 doesnt have that bug...i really hope so...
    im waiting for the official version on the 22 of october but maybe ill install the rc because i dont need anything from it but the raw system...
    on my big machine i have a quad core 4 gb of ddr3 ram
    two raptors with 10000 rpm and all the other hot stuff and win7 beta on it...
    it worked like a blast. tpro the soundcard the latency ...just everything
    i thought it would be smart to install xp on the laptop for music because its old..but the thing with win7 is that it has very solid soundstreaming capabilities. never had dropouts even when i messed stuff up...(soundcard settings and everything else)
    the sound doesnt drop so easy on win7...and thats the reason i am gonna actually buy it!!
    its stable its just wonderfull....and i think its gonna work just fine on my old asus laptop...better then xp...cause i dont like to do controlls on the screen...id love to stick to the vci`s leds...
    i tried that thing with the sensitivity on the right jogwheel and NOTHING changed...thats sucks bigtime cause i love fader FX and stuff....
    advct you wrote that i should check the midi settings for it....but how?which command in the big*ss list is it???i dont want to mess up the tsi....but is it even possible that the tsi isnt adjusted properly?cause i have the same as all of you guys....didnt had that issue with the older version of tpro

THANX A BUNCH GUYS

I APPRICIATE IT!!
    Last edited by shomili; 10-07-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Quick question about the beatmasher problem. Do you experience this when the jog wheel is still spinning or after it has stopped moving?

For example, if you use the jog wheel to turn the beatmasher on and then let it go without turning the wheel does it work fine?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

when i turn on the beatmasher, touch it and twist to the right it stays on when i release the wheel.
    it stays on the whole time, i can turn it over to dry. it should turn off when i release the wheel like the right one