Mackbook sound card

Default Mackbook sound card

Hi everyone, i have a question

I'm normally playing with pioneer cdj's in clubs and now i bought a new Macbook to play with traktor. Do i need an external sound card or is the macbook onboard sound card is good enough? Will i get a better sound quality if i buy the tractor audio 6 sound card? Thank you very much!

You can work with the internal sound card.

But you will get better sound with an external one, like the audio 6

not only will an Audio 6 sound card sound better, it will also give you the possibility to cue up tracks because you have multiple outputs, whereas the macbook system sound card is only stereo, no possibility of having multiple stereo tracks cued up

Hehe i knew for the multiple output's but main main issue is the sound quality because yesterday, i played with my macbook, i used the 1/8 stereo output on the mac and pluged in a vestax mixer and maybe it's me but i was not satisfied by the sound. I was playing with cdj 1000 on the same setup and the sound was better.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by johndavid View Post
    not only will an Audio 6 sound card sound better, it will also give you the possibility to cue up tracks because you have multiple outputs, whereas the macbook system sound card is only stereo, no possibility of having multiple stereo tracks cued up
    You can use the CDJ 850's / 900 / 2000 directly as Traktor sound cards plugged into your laptop without the need for any sound card.

With the 350 / 900 / 2000 you can use the players in HID mode which will display all the track info / waveforms on the screen of the players as well.

Just out of curiosity have you tried Rekordbox - unless you have (or planning to buy) a midi controller as well you won't get much milage out of traktor vs Reckordbox

Have a read of this ..
    Last edited by deevey; 12-14-2013 at 07:27 PM.