What is needed to put on a good Concert?
    Tech Wizard

Default What is needed to put on a good Concert?

Hey Guys,

Im going to be putting on a charity concert for my school in late may. I have a big stage, huge lightshow, and big sound. Some good Dj's and some good bands.

What else would be good to have at the concert? activites, and any other ideas. Im trying to raise as much money as possible so i need all and any ideas possible.

There will be no alcohol served at the venue but there will be food and drinks.

Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Nas525 View Post
    There will be no alcohol served at the venue
    Make sure the music is damn good then

Also donation jar for the charity.

Tech Wizard

Showcasing the charity in question: videos, interviews, short speeches. What will you be using the money for, why is it so damn important, etc. Some 5-30 minutes between different acts, not pushing it too much, but reminding people why they are there.
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Make sure the music is damn good then

Also donation jar for the charity.
    Yea no kidding. Getting sponcer end by monster so hopefully that will do. The money will all go to donation but with sponcer a they will cover the cost to put he show togeather.

See if you can renta photo booth with some props. The few weddings I've been to recently (not a charity event - I know!) all have them and they're loads of fun. Gives people something to do when they're not dancing.

Tech Guru

Pay someone to sneak a bottle of vodka in and let them be your distributor to sell on the vodka and turn a profit.

Illegal ideas area always the best.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Search the school for anyone with any wacky talents. If they're good, instant winner. If they're not you all have something to laugh at.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Pay someone to sneak a bottle of vodka in and let them be your distributor to sell on the vodka and turn a profit.

Illegal ideas area always the best.
    That's all covered in the after party man xD. That talent idea is a pretty good one actually I'll definitely be doing that. Anything else?

I'll take any ideas hahaha.

Tech Guru

Not just an after party, try to organise a pre-party so peeps can get drunk there before they come to your event. They're also more inclined to sneak their own alcohol in then.

All young folks care about is getting smashed and pulling so, anything to accommodate those two things is a winner.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Wizard

thats a good idea, also I would belive if i would say that there is an after party but only if you came to the event that sounds like it would be dank way to get everyone there.

Only thing with the underground beer buisness is that there will be cops there but no doubt there will be people lighting up all day.