Saved up some cash, what do I buy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Traktor applies a constant % pitch shift in exactly the same way CDJs do. The BPM value only affects the grid, and grid based features like sync.
    Firstly traktor doesn't have 0,02% precision on pitch faders, you can only see changes of 0,1%, which for precise beatmaching are huge.
    What I said is that traktor uses the BPM it analysed or the one you written there, so, if it analyses wrong or you write something wrong the percentage will be based on a wrong BPM.

On CDJs don't matter what BPM the cdj shows, the percentage is aplyed to tracks absolute BPM, so if its 125.875 BPM and it shows you its 126, the percentage is over 125.875.

Also, the Phase meter helps way too much. Using CDJs you have only your ears to tell you if the track is faster or slower than the other.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

You've really contradicted yourself there, Daniboy.

Who cares about CDJ or software accuracy, when it's your ears that tell you if you've beatmatched correctly in the first place? Your argument is flawed.
    | http://cheef.tv - YouTube | Facebook - http://cheef.dj |

Tech Mentor

Beatmatching on Traktor is EXACTLY the same as beatmatching on CDJs! If you turn off any help in Traktor (BPM read outs, phase meter), it might actually be even harder, since CDJs always shows you the BPM.

So if anybody wants to learn beatmatching with tractor, using the jogwheel and pitch-fader of his controller: relax. You'll be perfectly fine if you ever need to play on CDJs. There may be some differences in handling between CDJs and a controller with Traktor, but nothing you won't be able to handle.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Firstly traktor doesn't have 0,02% precision on pitch faders, you can only see changes of 0,1%, which for precise beatmaching are huge.
    What I said is that traktor uses the BPM it analysed or the one you written there, so, if it analyses wrong or you write something wrong the percentage will be based on a wrong BPM.
    Traktor does not change in units of 0.1%. It is as precise as your controller allows.

BPM analysis has no effect on pitch shifting. Traktor will apply the same % shift to the audio regardless of what you do to the grid.

You can test this yourself by turning off Keylock and applying a significant pitch shift to a track (say 5%). Input a random BPM into Traktor's manual grid setting that is way off, and you'll hear no difference in pitch.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

BPM analysis has no effect on pitch shifting. Traktor will apply the same % shift to the audio regardless of what you do to the grid.
    So I invite you to go to traktor and test it.
    Get a 125.000 BPM track and analyse it. It will show you 125.000.
    Now use the pitch fader to raise +2,4%... that will result exacly 128.000 bpm, cause thats simple math.
    Now go to the "GRID" option below the track and change its BPM to what ever you want, lets say... 126.000 bpm.
    Now the +2,4% will make it go 128.96 BPM.

Proving that it does not change the absolute bpm.

You can use an argument that the BPM shown is 128,96 but the absolute BPM is 128.000, but its not, cause a 128.000 will drift when played together.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Grid and BPM data is irrelevant. Traktor will apply the % pitch shift to the audio independantly of the BPM number onscreen.

There is no "absolute BPM". There is audio, which Traktor applies a % shift to directly, exactly like a CDJ.

If you actually listen to a pitch shifted track like I suggested, you will hear no difference in the sound even when massively changing the BPM value for the grid.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Guru

Grid and BPM data is irrelevant. Traktor will apply the % pitch shift to the audio independantly of the BPM number onscreen.

There is no "absolute BPM". There is audio, which Traktor applies a % shift to directly, exactly like a CDJ.
    You are wrong, do the test I said please

Tech Guru

I've already tested it. There is no change in audio pitch when modifying Traktor's BPM value, like I've explained twice before already.

Tech Guru

I've already tested it. There is no change in audio pitch when modifying Traktor's BPM value, like I've explained twice before already.
    Well I don't know what traktor you are using, but in this version of traktor that I use (the last one) and all the other versions I have played it works like the way I said.

If you made a video of you testing it would be great.

I would get some decent speakers next mate.
    ^you guys, stop being dicks.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast