Saved up some cash, what do I buy?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Saved up some cash, what do I buy?

Hi guys, I saves up some cash since I bought my DDJ-SX a while back. Here are a list of things that I thought of buying (only have the money to buy 1 item on the list):

1. Pio SDJ-60X's or KRK rokit 6's
    2. RMX 1000
    3. Denon SC2900

They all have their advantages, the SDJ-60X's or KRK's for better sound and a maybe a motivation to get into some music production? But above all the sound. The RMX 1000 for extra effects and 1 denon sc2900 to go along with my DDJ-SX to get more familiar with CDJ's.

Any insights or advice on this one?

Wout

Tech Guru

RMX-1000 is very fun and very easy to use
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Speakers.
    Like every other controller, SX doesn't have send/return which is necessary to effectively use a external EFX unit like RMX. Not to mention you use a DJ software with plenty of software effects.
    SX is pretty much like a CDJ, if you wanna learn to beatmatch just disable the phase meter in traktor settings.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Speakers.
    Like every other controller, SX doesn't have send/return which is necessary to effectively use a external EFX unit like RMX. Not to mention you use a DJ software with plenty of software effects.
    SX is pretty much like a CDJ, if you wanna learn to beatmatch just disable the phase meter in traktor settings.
    You don't need send/return to use RMX-1000, simply plug the mixer's output to it's input and get it's output to the speakers.
    You cant learn beatmatching with traktor. You can only have a clue of what you should do. Traktor's pitch faders work based on the bpm traktor analysed or the one you typed there, which is different from the cdj that simply imputs a percentage on the track, even not knowing exacly what is the real bpm.
    CDJ-200 is the perfect equipment to learn it, cause you cant use rekordbox and it has a lame precision which will make you become a beast on better CDJs.
    Last edited by Daniboy; 12-21-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    You don't need send/return to use RMX-1000, simply plug the mixer's output to it's input and get it's output to the speakers.
    You cant learn beatmatching with traktor. You can only have a clue of what you should do. Traktor's pitch faders work based on the bpm traktor analysed or the one you typed there, which is different from the cdj that simply imputs a percentage on the track, even not knowing exacly what is the real bpm.
    CDJ-200 is the perfect equipment to learn it, cause you cant use rekordbox and it has a lame precision which will make you become a beast on better CDJs.
    You can learn how to beat match on Traktor. Pitch faders merely increase or decrease the tempo of the playing song. Beat matching is getting the beats of the incoming and the currently playing song matched which can be done in Traktor, no matter what algorithm they use to increase or slow down the tempo.

I'd get the speakers personally. No point mixing if its coming out of crap speakers!
    Can't learn to beatmatch on traktor? Eerm, i did just fine.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

I'd have to agree with DubluW. Monitors are definitely the best choice.

Monitors!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Daniboy, I've seen some of your posts on the forum and you just don't get it. Don't know what else to say.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    You can learn how to beat match on Traktor. Pitch faders merely increase or decrease the tempo of the playing song. Beat matching is getting the beats of the incoming and the currently playing song matched which can be done in Traktor, no matter what algorithm they use to increase or slow down the tempo.
    The point of learning how to beatmatch is to learn how to do it on CDJs.
    There is absolutely no reason for beatmatching inside traktor, its just a huge waste of time and people around will think you are retarded.
    If you learned how to beatmatch on traktor you will be able to beatmatch ON TRAKTOR, but you will not be able to beatmatch on CDJs, which is a much harder task to do.

In my sincere opinion, if you don't know how to beatmatch on a CDJ you don't know how to beatmatch.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast