why do mods have to approve FS/ FT,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default why do mods have to approve FS/ FT,

I am a member of multiple Forums, and this is the only one where a mod has to approve my FS/FT post.

a bit redundant if you think about it.

This is the reason

Spam-O-Matic StatisticsSpam-O-Matic Statistics
    • 2885 Spammers Denied Registration
    • 101 Spammers Permanently Banned
    • 120 Spammers submitted to StopForumSpam
    • 122 Spammers submitted to Akismet
    • 16480 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Pretty much, also as we are not ebay, the forum is a "buyer beware" situation, and a mod checking the post before it goes live is the last thing djtt has to do with any transaction.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    I am a member of multiple Forums, and this is the only one where a mod has to approve my FS/FT post.

a bit redundant if you think about it.
    I'm a member of a forum where you can buy/sell good with the forums own form of currency... Not even real money... And that sucker is HEAVILY moderated.... Trading and selling on a forum like this is a privilege, and the mods are attempting to protect the users from anything that might seem fishy.. It's not that big of a deal.

I'm confused about how this forum works compared to others, apparently. Is there a standard waiting period until the posts are approved, and a list of pending posts? Maybe feedback on why a post wasn't approved? I think I have two posts that were approved and five that weren't...? That doesn't really make sense to me since there wasn't anything even remotely questionable about the content of my other posts...

On a somewhat related note, I think trying to protect the users from each other/themselves is noble and all, but creates extra work and doesn't address whatever underlying problem you're policing against. Sort of like raising children or governing a body of people. Just my .02.

massakre please remove the player from your sig, cheers.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    massakre please remove the player from your sig, cheers.
    you had your chance to comply. let me help you with that

Figured it be better to bump this, then start a new post.

I submitted a Listing, for sale, and I have yet to see it approved, or given a denied message...

Heres looking at you Jester or any mods, i'd appreciate a response.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Sorted mate.

Much appreciated sir!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast