Reloop RS-8000 and 7000 and DVS questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reloop RS-8000 and 7000 and DVS questions

*edit - sorry RP-8000!*

Loving the new Reloop turntables (especially the sleek white 7000 ltds).

I've never used a DVS system before, just wondered I've already got mixvibes Cross which works with DVS, would I need to get a Mixvibes soundcard and control vinyl to go with that, or would other brands also work ?
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

cross will work with any soundcard, the only thing you need is a 4in 4out soundcard (two stereo pairs of ins and outs) to run DVS. I would go with a Native Instruments soundcard as they are the best sounding in their price range and you get the option of using traktor scratch, but you could do it on the cheap using a Maya 44 USB which will get the job done.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Thanks so much synthet1C - really glad for the advice

I've got Pro2 as well so guess if I did get an NI card I could always go back to traktor if I wanted

Think I know what am getting after xmas !!
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000

hang on, what am I thinking here, I have cats.....2 crazy, lovable, jump all over everywhere often wanting attention cats.

maybe I should rethink this lol :/

get some decksavers for when your not using them, that'll stop those little rascals from wrecking your platters and needles
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    get some decksavers for when your not using them, that'll stop those little rascals from wrecking your platters and needles
    just checked and Reloop have some covers, so yes, I'm gonna do this I planned to have my AERO as a 'deck 3 and 4' option anyway so I can just jump on that when the rascals are more 'engaging' and when they're lazysnoozing I'll jump on the turntables.

Really excited about this, tbh was gonna get a pair of cdjs 2000s but this looks more fun and a fair bit cheaper too - cheers again

One more (kinda odd I guess) question, but with Cross and how you can swap between 4 decks, 'in theory' can I get away with just one turntable as a controller and switch between A and B with their outputs to a mixer? I'll be mostly beatmatching initially but will def be learning to scratch later on when I can get a 2nd. No probs if it'd only work with a pair tho.

ordered a pair of white RP-7000s and basic soundcard

I'm hoping to save for a DJM850 later this year so I can trade up to Traktor Scratch then if I want to switch from Cross. Really excited, was resolved to having a long save for CDJs but this pretty much ticks most boxes for me and adds in a nice few extras (dammit I've already been eyeing vinyl online!)

Cheers again for the advice

Tech Guru

Any reason you went for Reloop over Technics, given that they're at least 50% more expensive?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Let us know how you like them and how well they respond with Traktor (if you end up using that software) once you've had the chance to play on them for a week or so. Hope they work well for ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast