Xone 92 Setup w/ X1

Default Xone 92 Setup w/ X1

Hey everybody,

Somewhat noob question here I know, but bear with me!

I would like to use a Xone 92 mixer with Traktor and my Macbook Pro. I'm currently using an S4 and it just doesn't have the capability to produce the creativity that I want to achieve while mixing/performing. I'll just list my questions and hopefully you guys can help me out.

1. What setup do I need to mix with the Xone 92 and Traktor?
    Do I need two X1s to run this system or could I run it with just one? Would one X1 run the tracks from Traktor and the other run FX? Or can I use one X1 with 2 channels running the tracks from Traktor and 2 channels with FX? What other limitations would I have with only one X1 if it works with one?
    Would anyone recommend using A&H D1s instead? Any other recommendations?

What other equipment would I need to run this setup? I've been googling/researching and then googling some more for quite some time now and everything that I read about this topic mentions Audio 8 DJ (Audio 10 etc.) and I was wondering if it was possible to run this set up without it or with alternatives? (due to budget constraints).

From my research, my understanding is that this is what I need for the set up:

Macbook Pro
    A&H Xone 92
    2x X1 Kontrol
    Audio 8 DJ

I guess my biggest question is this: can I run this set up with less equipment? For instance:

Macbook pro
    A&H Xone 92
    1x X1 Kontrol

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice about what would help complete my set up?

An audio 2 is cheap as chips and would give you 2 external channels.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Soundcard is your main issue
    How many channels do you want?
    Using a Native Instruments soundcard is not imperative, unless you intend on doing timecode.

More is "better" but it all depends on what you want to do. Having Two X1 controllers doesn't seem unreasonable.

Honestly? You have way more flexibility with the S4, especially if you add an X1. The biggest advantage of the Xone setup is build quality and beautiful audio (and some might argue credibility when out gigging, though not me). It's a lot of money to lay down for very little added benefit.

How do you think the S4 is holding you back? Ask yourself what extra you think you will get out of spending that money.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Cheaper alternative would be.

laptop
    denon x1600
    1x X1

that way you don't need a external sound interface, it's a lot cheaper mixer and you can map MIDI knobs on the mixer for transport or efx functions. later you can add another X1 if you really need it
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    How do you think the S4 is holding you back? Ask yourself what extra you think you will get out of spending that money.
    this ^

It's easy to think you need x y and z to make your sets better ... when really the "limitations" are in your mind(controversial).

There's always the possibly of getting an extra controller to add to your S4.

I find it curious that you said this "it just doesn't have the capability to produce the creativity that I want to achieve while mixing/performing" and didn't expand on it, choosing instead to focus on specific gear.
    What more do you want to do that you can't right now?

I think you're drastically underestimating the capabilities of the s4. You're not going to get more functionality from the setup you're proposing
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Ya. I'd rather use an S4 than one channel on a mixer ...
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "