Epic Grid Challenge : Nagoya Marimba (HNNY Edit) - Steve Reich
    Tech Wizard

Default Epic Grid Challenge : Nagoya Marimba (HNNY Edit) - Steve Reich

Ok, I've really tried everything (and I'm a pretty fine gridder) but I'm starting to think that it's impossible to grid this track. Anyone been able to do it? Track seems to "switch" tempo and/or grid halfway through the track. Or am I just missing something?

If you want the file to try it out, drop me a message. Would be wicked to play this out in my sets.

Regards,

Julian
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4

dont be scared to let the track fall out of time for just a second...just push your turntable and match them back up.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your response, but actually I'm looking for a way to grid the track for use in Traktor!

Just grid it to the drums.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can add another grid at the point where that track starts to get off the beat.

OK then this way it is going to happen as i was not aware with it but now is and next time i will try it myself

Tech Wizard

Stewe's suggestion kinda works, added another grid for the next track to plug into at 17.2.2

So strange still, anyone tried it out with the actual track? Can you see my problem? Never had this with a track before...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonarious View Post
    Stewe's suggestion kinda works, added another grid for the next track to plug into at 17.2.2

So strange still, anyone tried it out with the actual track? Can you see my problem? Never had this with a track before...
    I have a lot of tracks that go off grid on the second drop due to a weird off time build. normally with bangin tracks lol.

This is where beatmatching by ear comes into play rather then jst using the phase meter!

The only thing that you would truly need it beat gridded for is sync and fx. Both not necessary