Buying Advice

Thread: Buying Advice

Default Buying Advice

I'm really wanting to get into finger drumming and need some advice on what controller is the best for finger drumming.

I don't do a lot of it, but the pads on the maschine are awesome for what little i have done.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

there is no "best", they all have different pros and cons

pads (from akai, korg, maschine, m-audio(trigger finger isn't made anymore but it's cool!) QuNeo, novation etc etc
    buttons (not velocity sensitive) (namely Djtechtools controller)

What do you intend using it with? what program? Not that this is very important.

You also have the pad+controller+software combos from Akai and Maschine

Hey - QuNeo has the best pads, with more dimensions of control than any of the competitors, Maschine is also awesome, and pad products by Korg, Akai (after MPC5000), and M-Audio are junk.
    Last edited by botstein; 12-27-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Tech Wizard

I have a maschine and a midi fighter and I can honestly say for just pure finger drumming (like with mad zachs packs) that I enjoy the midi fighter more mianly because you can crab the buttons for fills much easier than with pads and to me its easier because I feel like the feedback of a button push is much more tactile than a pad.

That being said, the maschine is more versitile though if you want to finger drum now but possibly go into production later.
    Mix Setup: Traktor Kontrol S4 // Midi Fighter Spectra // Retina Mabook pro 13" // Traktor Pro 2.6 // Crane Stand Plus // Beats By Dre Studio + Solo HD
    Production Setup: Ableton Live 9 // JBL LSR 305 Monitors // Korg Microkey 25 // Maschine Mikro // Massive // Kontact // FM8 // Zebra 2 // Sylenth1
    Nostalgia Setup: 2 Stanton STR8-80s // Vestax PMC-06pro (Signed by Qbert himself)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Hey - QuNeo has the best pads, with more dimensions of control than any of the competitors, Maschine is also awesome, and pad products by Korg, Akai, and M-Audio are junk.
    Pad products by Akai are junk? Really? So what about all the MPCs etc?

Quote Originally Posted by pleb View Post
    Pad products by Akai are junk? Really? So what about all the MPCs etc?
    *I meant Akai products after the release of the MPC5000, and have edited my post. My opinion on this includes the controllers they call MPCs, the MPD line of controllers, etc.

The pads on akai max line of controllers are supposed to be much better.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad