Out of all those who post mixes here, how many of you actually listen to mixes here?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Out of all those who post mixes here, how many of you actually listen to mixes here?

Just as the title says, I'm curious to find out how many people actually listen to mixes here instead of just posting them?

I myself usually don't, because most of the tracklistings don't seem that inspiring, but every once in awhile some one will catch my interest for some reason and it usually is a good listen.

So yeah, do you just post mixes here, or do you actually take a moment to see what else is here as well?

Its funny you post this because I was thinking the same thing. People post mixes all the but never get comments. I personally dont listen to mixes.

If I see a track listing that I like or a post by someone I consider good or with similar tastes, I'll listen.

I don't comment very often if I do listen though
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I usually listen to any mixes that get my attention.

As an absolute MINIMUM, there has to be a track listing. A short paragraph describing the mix helps a lot. A cover good cover image goes a long way.

To those guys that post but don't listen - do you really expect people to listen to your mix if you don't listen to any?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Apparently there' still hope for this place

Catchy title, you have my interest
    Full Tracklisting and embedded player, almost there

No tracklisting or indication of genre or style at all .... next.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have my SC link in my sig, but then so does everybody. I agree with the above comments, the more info the better. If I'm in a mix-hunting mood I'll often take a gamble on something random. Need to be able to download though. I do all my listening in the car so don't stream anything.

I'll also take this opportunity to (shamelessly) post a mix, adhering to said criteria
    In all serious though, any feedback is most welcome and I'm willing to respond in kind. Its a year old but in my opinion pretty timeless.

Forty Degree Day
    Deep Techno/House

"Nobody got nothing to say about a forty degree day. Fifty? Fifty bring a smile to your face. Sixty? Shit, you damn near barbecuing on that motherfucker. Go down to twenty, people get their bitch on. Get their blood complaining, but forty? Nobody give a fuck about forty. Nobody remember forty, and y’all giving me way too many forty degree days…"

Raw, uncut etc.

Nina Kraviz - Aus (DJ Qu Remix) [Rekids]
    Lawrence - Oolong High [Pampa]
    Nina Kraviz - Aus (Matthew E Remix) [Rekids]
    Koss/Henriksson/Mullaert - One [Mule Electronic]
    SCB - Overlay [SCB]
    Nikola Gala - Only (Original Mix) [Rekids]
    Brothers of Zion - iLook (Tony Lionni Remix) [Peppermint Jam]
    Jimmy Edgar - This One's For The Children [Hotflush]
    Boddika/Joy O/Pearson Sound - Faint [SunkLo]
    Trevino - Backtracking [TheNothingSpecial]
    Dusky - Numerical [Dogmatik]
    Nautilus - Sabbath [Turbo Recordings]
    Konrad Black - Devastator [Get Weird]
    Yakine - Tight Thing [One Records]
    Yooj - Mademoiselle [Monique Musique]
    Trevino - Lag [Revolver]
    Arkist + Kidkut - Vanilla Imitate [Hotflush]

Don't post, don't listen.

Seems kind of pointless to me

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I usually listen to any mixes that get my attention.

As an absolute MINIMUM, there has to be a track listing. A short paragraph describing the mix helps a lot. A cover good cover image goes a long way.
    Same criteria. Haven't posted any yet but generally i'll take a look at the track listing and listen to the opener and if it's inspired i'll hop on over to soundcloud and give it a proper listen as I do my classwork or cook or something. Some good mixes on here.

Tech Mentor

I would never post up here or any other forum, its not what they are for, I do however upload to mixcloud purely for people who are looking to book me so they can see what they are getting. It's a lot less hassle on the night if they are getting what they expected..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast