Just bought a Z2...need advice for recording
    Tech Convert

Default Just bought a Z2...need advice for recording

Just wondering if I could get some suggestions for making mixtapes with the Z2 and two 1200's.

If anyone could give me an example of how they do it I would greatly appreciate it.

Tech Guru

Hey how's it going? With the Z2 you can record directly within Traktor, in the top right of your Traktor Screen you should see a Tape icon, that's where you record.

Plug 12's into Z2, make sure line ins are set to phono or 12's are plugged into phono inputs. Plug Z2 into laptop. Open Traktor. Hit record. Press play on 12. Beat match other deck and repeat.

Tech Mentor

Unless he's also using actual vinyl not just DVS. In which case you can use the Booth out to another PC/recorder and use that. Just set the correct level and off you go.

Tech Convert

When you record through Traktor does it save it in a file on your laptop? Is it easy to convert to an mp3 to burn to a cd?

Thanks for all the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by j2thad2thac View Post
    When you record through Traktor does it save it in a file on your laptop? Is it easy to convert to an mp3 to burn to a cd?

Thanks for all the replies.
    Yes, it saves it as a WAV file on your computer.
    Last edited by jdownesbaird; 12-31-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iambiggles View Post
    Unless he's also using actual vinyl not just DVS. In which case you can use the Booth out to another PC/recorder and use that. Just set the correct level and off you go.
    You can record straight vinyl the same way I mentioned. My setup, which is the way I recommended allows me to record straight vinyl, DVS, or straight digital from within Traktor without ever changing my setup.

Yes, Traktor saves the file on your laptop as a .wav file. I use Audacity to convert to mp3 and also amplify the volume itself, but you can use any software that converts wav to mp3 for CD burning.

Tech Convert

Thanks for all the help guys! Hope all of you have a great new year!