[Other] How The Hell Do You Mix Country With House Music
    Tech Wizard

Question How The Hell Do You Mix Country With House Music

Hey all you DJTT bloggers.

I got a big question for all you I have been trying this for hours and cant seem to find out whats wrong. Lets say for a moment that we are doing a 30 min country mix and all of us loving House Music wants to incorporate some of that into our mix tho bring country lovers into the EDM world. How would we be able to do that with it sounding good and in time?

I know some of you may be thinking that its really simple, get a country song that is in key with a EDM song and around the same BPM. Sadly I have been trying just that but for some reason when i want the song to come into play with each other or I want the song to drop its always off time atleast 3 or 4 beats off.

Im using Serato DJ, I think the way I have all my Country set up beat wise is throwing the timing off. But it could also just be me im not sure.

If anyone could help put on this I would really appreciate it Thanks Happy 2014 to you all

just don't mix it.. they aren't meant to go together and you will probably find that the drummer of the cunt'ry music cant hold a beat as well as required unless you warp the track in Ableton or ride the pitch constantly. but If all that fails play cotton eye joe LOL!!
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Just no

Tech Wizard

Don't get my wrong most country ain't good at all lol but I need to do Atleast a 20 min mix with the songs. And Comon let's be real if every DJ plays the same shit like everyone else how are they diffrence from all the big names?

Echo Freeze, then this:

then watch the dance floor empty until you play Achy Breaky Heart

Tech Mentor

Super Easy. Warp the country track to a grid in Ableton (and adjust the key if you like.) Create a loop in SDJ, filter the hell out of it and bring it (typ.)

This forum is for mixes and tracks only, questions go in the general forum
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "