Drum sample ID
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum sample ID

Tech Wizard

Default Drum sample ID

Hey!

I was hoping someone could help me ID the drum sample that are used in these two songs.

http://www.beatport.com/track/justif...ub-mix/4930247

http://www.beatport.com/track/rise-u...-remix/4854436

Thanks!

Pretty confused, what exactly are you looking for?

There isnt a drum break in either of those tracks, just the usual house 4x4 pattern... Are you after the kick drum or? There is literally no way to tell any of those drums used....
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Wizard

I'm looking for the sample pack that includes that drum loop. It's clearly a sample from a certain pack since the same drum loop has been used in several songs.

TBH dude, they sound slightly similar, but I don't think that they're the same loop, you can tell the Filthy Rich track's drums are a little sharper and the hats definitely have a longer release on them
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Wizard

That's a good point.... Well, would you know how I could recreate em'?

They are pretty different if anything.

Google how to program a house beat. Tons of tuts out there
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sogyal View Post
    It's clearly a sample from a certain pack since the same drum loop has been used in several songs.
    Since so many people seem to already have used it, why would you want to use it as well?

Tech Wizard

Because I really like the way it sounds... And I actually take that back, I've only heard TWO songs with the same drum loop., I'm sure there's more out there somewhere but so far, I've only heard two.

First one is the most basic house drum pattern known to man. K= kick - = Hats and S = snare

K - S - K - S - K - S - K - S - Also known as the boots and cats(take out the vowels).. if you were to beat box it out.

House is a 4floor style beat. the kick is always gonna be 1 2 3 4 beat of a 4 bar.

Tech Wizard

I know it's a basic drum pattern. I know how to recreate that drum pattern no problem, what I'm looking for though is the drum sounds, like the kick, hat and snare sounds that they used! That's why I was asking where I could find those drum sounds, I was hoping someone could lead me to the pack it's found in or something...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast