Traktor Kontrol F1 for turntablist use? Your advice?

Default Traktor Kontrol F1 for turntablist use? Your advice?

Traktor Kontrol F1 for turntablist use? Your advice?

Do you think this would be beneficial? I can see possibly as it being a way of having more than 8 hotcues in action, theoretically have 64 samples ready to go at any time at the push of a button, even some overlaying each other. I see C2C using them during some of their recent videos.

I honestly don't know much about the F1 and how it handles one shots being manipulated via vinyl timecode. Anyone who's into the turntablism aspect of things who work with an F1 care to shine some light on the subject?

lets say I have 16 ONE SHOTS (not loops) all loaded filling the F1, could I hit them ALL at the same time? or would only 1 per column work at a time? I'd love to load Mad Zach's audio packs into it and be able to jam away without a problem
    Last edited by jam1chicago; 01-04-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Tech Mentor

Shiftee says it is!

Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

lets say I have 16 1 shots all loaded filling the F1, could I hit them ALL at the same time? or would only 1 per column work at a time? I'd love to load Mad Zach's audio packs into it and be able to jam away without a problem

Tech Wizard

It's one per column playing at one time. That's how it works, no way to change that. If you launch loop or one-shot in a column that already has something playing, currently playing stuff stops and new one overtakes it
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page

It's fun - essentially it's like Ableton's session view, but you can scratch clips!

You don't really need it, though. The skill of beatjuggling and especially the skill of scratching doesn't call for anything beyond 1200s, and mixer and records.

Tech Mentor

I've always considered the F1 for a scratch tool. 4x4 pads, each controlling a section of a scratch record. Would be nice to not interfere with the transition. Just dont know how to map it
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Tech Guru

The biggest challenge with trying to use the F1 with timecode is trying to cue the cells. When you try to cue a cell in one shot mode sometimes the cell won't trigger immediately. This could be a result of having quantize on. I'll admit it seemed like a bad ass idea when it was first launched but I think you're better off creating your own scratch tools and using cue points in track decks.

cue point with flux mode is what i use. i've tried using the remix and sample decks and i couldn't get comfortable adding it to my workflow. name drops, 1 shots, lasers, and air horns is the main purpose of my remix decks now….

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    The biggest challenge with trying to use the F1 with timecode is trying to cue the cells. When you try to cue a cell in one shot mode sometimes the cell won't trigger immediately. This could be a result of having quantize on. I'll admit it seemed like a bad ass idea when it was first launched but I think you're better off creating your own scratch tools and using cue points in track decks.
    In the preferences/remix decks there is an option "One-shot samples ignore quantize mode". Put that on and your one-shots will trigger exactly when you hit the pad.
    CMD MM-1 - CMD PL-1 - Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - NI Komplete Audio 6/Traktor Audio 2 Mk2
    My setup history
    Mixcloud page