Questions About Wiring
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Questions About Wiring

Hey DJTT,

I ask a lot of stupid questions on here, but I need your help. In a couple of months, I have my first gig with my friend where I am going to need to provide speakers, and lighting as far as I know. Ill most likely just end up renting for now. So my big question is, how the hell do I wire everything? I will most likely run a mic too, and Ill probably be running an S4 with a MacBook.

So can someone please explain this to me?

Im sure its really simple...

Most PA speakers have TRS, XLR or both. XLR is pretty much the standard connection for most systems. With your S4 i would recommend picking up a mixing console (not dj mixer, most of these you can run a mic through as well) run your s4 into that with the RCA's and XLR outputs from that into the speakers. Of course if you have access to a proper mixer as well you would not need the console.
    Get Powered speakers if you can, i can't tell you how much of a PITA setting up amps is

Our usual setup is 2 dj mixers (my denon is the "master" mixer where the speakers get hooked up to) 2 or 4 wharfedale pro active 15" and a sub, all XLR so easy to setup.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thank you!!! Can I not run the speakers directly into the s4?

Also, what type of mixer would I be looking at? And How could I avoid the extra mixer all together?

Ya, if they have RCA inputs. Depends on the speakers you get.
    Defo go for active speakers if you can.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

And can you answer my other question?

THANKS!

something along the lines of this

as mentioned, if you can pick up some active speakers with RCA inputs you wont need something like this

Thank you!

Why would you need an outboard mixer? Why not just run the TRS outs on the S4 directly into the active PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Why would you need an outboard mixer? Why not just run the TRS outs on the S4 directly into the active PA?
    I'm with this guy, just run the speakers into the S4 and you'll be fine. TRS into the back of the S4 and either TRS or XLR into the speaker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast