Mirroring laptop onto Ipad?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Mirroring laptop onto Ipad?

Hi,

Bit of a first world problem here. Wanting to mirror my laptop onto an ipad. I have seen many tutorials on how to mirror the ipad onto your laptop but not the other way around. Reason I want to do this is I have my mac setup on my desk with alot of wires etc going in and everynight I have to disconnect it all and bring the laptop to bed so I can watch films, listen to tunes and a bit of hypnosis tapes to help me sleep. I hate having my laptop on my bed all night basically incase I fall into a deep sleep and knock it off or smash it. Its a bit bulk as well so was thinking of just mirroring my laptop to an ipad so I can basically access everything on my laptop from my bed on my ipad.
    Possible? If so can anyone tell me how. I am sure its pretty simple but I just cant find anything on it.

Cheers in advance

Tech Wizard

i'm using the MirrorOp App on my macbook pro, but since i'm mirroring onto a 7" android tablet, the screen resolution get's lower!!! aside that it works like a charm! only used it with Traktor so far but it can be use as general purposes like you want to!!

Tech Mentor

Why not just copy the content in question (films, hypnosis tapes) onto your ipad?

Tech Wizard

Splashtop Streamer.
    Childhood is short. Immaturity is forever.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by neogeo View Post
    i'm using the MirrorOp App on my macbook pro, but since i'm mirroring onto a 7" android tablet, the screen resolution get's lower!!! aside that it works like a charm! only used it with Traktor so far but it can be use as general purposes like you want to!!
    Can't seem to find MirrorOp. Could be to do with me being in Australia and not being available in this country but cheers.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    Why not just copy the content in question (films, hypnosis tapes) onto your ipad?
    Because with the amount of media (Music/films/whatever) I browse through, any Ipad simply would not be able to hold it. Plus if there is a chance I can do, what I want to do, I wouldn't want to waste my time continuously importing and deleting files when I can have them all in front of me on the Ipad with minimal effort.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by iqdodge View Post
    Splashtop Streamer.
    Cheers mate looking into this now

Tech Mentor

PS3 Media Server on Mac > Airplayer app on iPad

Serves pretty much any format to the iPad via DNLA streaming.

As much as you probably don't want to use iTunes on your Mac to host everything, their Home Sharing works quite well to stream content to iPads (and Apple TVs) ...

Grab a program called iFlicks that can convert your AVI and MKV content to iTunes compatible and away you go. You can setup iFlicks to be basically automated where as soon as you have downloaded a file it will convert (takes a while) or re-container (takes minutes) the file to the format you select, drop the converted file into a specific folder (local or network), and add it to your iTunes library.

Also, when ever you want to transfer something to the iPad when you go away (holidays?) it's already in the right format and so can be transferred easily.

Quote Originally Posted by iqdodge View Post
    Splashtop Streamer.
    ^^ This.

I actually use this at gigs to mirror my laptop display so I don't have to have a huge laptop screen sitting in front of me!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast