I need your input, DJTT - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Alright guys, look.

I'm pretty busy, and that means I can't afford to spend too much time reading and responding to posts here. So here's what I'm going to do: if I feel a post is irrelevant--and I'm a good judge of that given what I studied in university--I'm going to ignore it. This also includes trolling and chest-thumping. I kindly ask, for the sake of everyone who is or may be interested in this thread, that you respond to the OP. I'm not talking about digging for music, I'm not interested in hearing the world's smallest violin for the thousands of dollars that producers make for playing gigs at the world's top clubs, and I'm not talking about the hundreds of other marketing strategies that I could use. I'm not talking about any of those things. They have nothing to do with this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by smiTTTen View Post
    Where did I leave the hammer...
    Seriously? What for?

Supplying sticks...
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

You know what you should do? Go create a relationship with the promoters who matter, that way you don't need to rely on some podcasts for bookings.

Schalenberg

My 2 cents: you revealing your tracklists is irrelevant. To get serious gigs you need to invest yourself full time in building relationships with owners, promoters, PR companies - basically anyone who is involved in the nightlife you'd like to be able to supply a vibe to. I tried recently for the first time to just reach out through Facebook to places I'd like to play. I received one response, and it came from the one spot I wanted to play at. After meeting and playing for the owner, he told me this, "I love your stuff. I can't stop listening to the mix you sent me. But to be honest, my investors/partners don't agree with me in bringing in someone who no one knows about, and if I have to do that to bring business, I will." Broke my heart a lil bit, but it wasn't a no. It was the truth. Make yourself known not just through your music, but your social skills.

OP, Get over it, dealing with trainspottters is part of the job, and if you post a mix, its just common courtesy to the producers to list the tracks.

Also, this thread is closed before the flames start spreading, if you would like to post your mix in the Mixes/Productions section, feel free.
    Last edited by Jester; 01-09-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123