What Dj's Have Influenced Your Setup?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What Dj's Have Influenced Your Setup?

I have noticed that whenever we see a dj live or see some youtube video. We all run out and buy that gear thinking that we will get that sound.

Let me be clear, I am not trying to be a dick, because I have done the same thing, but its good to laugh at ourselves sometimes.

So what video did YOU see that prompted you to change your setup??

############################################

First I wanted to be a scratcher after seeing this video.
    so I bought some 1200's and a DJM-T1

#############################################

Then i wanted to be a controllerist after seeing this video and some others
    So I bought a midifighter and a Traktor F1 and a Maschine

Then i wanted to be all "MODULAR".... after seeing this video
    So i bought a bunch of Denon SC2000's and a Korg Zero 8 mixer

And now it comes back around to 4 Cdj's and a Xone 42 after seeing Mark Farina live, I knew I had to heve em'

How many setups have you been through??

Schalenberg

I saw Todd Terje about a year and half ago playing a disco house set on 4 CDJs. I had just gotten into DJing and had picked up a mixtrack pro. I thought, "yeah, I've got it all wrong."

Tech Wizard

lol
    CHECK OUT MY SOUNDCLOUD BRUH!!!: http://soundcloud.com/fabiioofficial
    Be sure to take a listen to my newest tracks
    15' Macbook Pro l Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Kontrol Z2 l Kontrol D2's l Pioneer PLX 1000's l

Dubfire and Richie Hawtin, they're the ones that I've looked at for so many years, and have really influenced my setup!

Traktor 4 Decks - 2 Kontrol X1's - Maschine - Ableton - A&H Xone 92.
    Last edited by Superfreak; 01-12-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Nicole Moudaber. I pretty much use the exact same setup except a different mixer than she. I had this setup along a pair of 1200's, however I needed money for school so I sold the 1200's and figured I would use a "modular" setup until I could buy back the 1200's. However I have really grown to enjoy 2 x X1's and a mixer, and seeing some big name touring DJ's using this setup or similar has made me realize this is all i really need to perform.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Well, no one forced me into the BCR2000 tbh, but long conversations with BentoSan and Micheal Mitchell got me into my MIDIfighter Classic. (In addition to the BCR2000 and Audio4DJ)

After a while, the Dubfire video was surfacing, teasing the Kontrol S4:

Closely followed by the performance video of DJ Shiftee:

With the MIDIfighter Spectra videos surfacing, I was pleasantly surprised. Also with Richie Hawtin picking up on an all white version:

But now with Ean and Michael Mitchell showing the MIDIfighter Twister.... Oof! All I can say is JAWOHL!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

interesting

I go through trying stuff out whenever the mood takes me, but i have the most fun with a few simple effects, my two 1210's and my Z2.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

I would like to have ean's, richie hawtin's and felix the housecat's set up but I keep buying different gears. all i need is another x1 and a 4 channel mixer, but I have serious buying issues.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Qbert made me want to scratch. So i picked up some decks, taught myself a bit, and then signed up for QSU. Ended up getting a message back from Q on my transforms, and he said I was pretty far along for being new. Then I got a video response from him about where to take my scratching. As for DJing, it was all 90s UK jungle that made me want to mix.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast