Jellybean's Home Booth

Cool Jellybean's Home Booth

A nice little room for all the man toy's away from the missus.

Previously I looked at using a smaller shelf and Sefour speaker brackets - after moving in there is un-even flooring and the Sefour stands did not hold the speakers very wall, the dammed things wobbled everywhere. Thankfully Sefour have awesome support and have offered a full refund of £80.

Also had considered two Denon SC-2000 controllers to give more control's for FX and not having to use the bloody mouse. But I came across Touch OSC for the iPad, created a custom layout and works like a dream and control's deck C&D too!

That saved me £400 and the hassle of doing a makeshift holder for the controller's.

...oh and gave room for a longer shelf to put my 24 inch monitor

Stand
    Sefour X30
    Ikea Capita Brackets
    B & Q floaty wall shelf (only £4 as it was missing all the fixtures)

Installation was really easy, the X30 is very heavy. Pleased with the capita brackets and the shelf (I'm a DIY novice), extremely sturdy. Although the shelf is hollow, I''m surprised that it's supporting the weight really well. I'll be keeping an eye on it and maybe change it to a thinner solid board.

Equipment
    DJM 600
    Technics 1210 MK3Ds
    B & W CM Series Speakers
    Rotel Amp
    Gemini ikey USB recorder
    Audio DJ8
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2
    Touch OSC app
    Sefour isolation platform v2
    Basic USB to midi cable from ebay

If only I had remembered to by some cable ties

Tech Student

Sweet setup man! Is that a custom OSC layout or did you get it somewhere? That layout looks like exactly what I need in my setup.

Nice setup...just like mine
    Gear : Imac 21.5, Allen&Heath Xone 4D, 2 x Technics SL- 1210 MK5,

Tech Mentor

Like!

Jealous. I wish I could get Touch OSC to work.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Very nice setup, love the B&W's, and you can't go wrong with Rotel amps, mine died recently (was old, and had been worked hard) do rather miss it. And the 4D with Technics, great stuff!
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Quote Originally Posted by Rian View Post
    Sweet setup man! Is that a custom OSC layout or did you get it somewhere? That layout looks like exactly what I need in my setup.
    Yeah it's a custom layout. I can send it to you if you like.