ImNotDedYet's Humble Setup
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default ImNotDedYet's Humble Setup

Some of you cats have gone bollocks out on your setups. Here's a pic of mine finally, so you can picture me trainwrecking when listening to my mixes.

IMAG0228.jpg

Started with mediocre Asus laptop, (pictured) Traktor and FL Studio 11 and Pioneer HDJ500's

Added S4 and KRK Rokit 5's

Got crappy stands for Rokit's (one is solid, the other makes me glad I don't live in California)

Picked up Sony MDR7506's to replace Pioneers. (Pioneers were too heavy)

Picked up Akai Pro Max 49 (not pictured) - started with 25 key, but not enough MIDI controls and as a piano player, 25 keys just won't do it for me

Got crappy Pyle laptop stand

Added Stanton STR8-80's and coffin case (just wanted to buy the coffin case, but the seller was selling the tables as well for dirt cheap - so I used these while waiting for guitar center to release the Technics to me)

Added a number of records from DJs looking to sell their collections

Added IKEA stuffs to store records

Added Technics 1210 MK2's

Picked up some Audio Technica ATH-M50's to replace Pioneer's as my "listening headphones" (still a bit too heavy compared to the Sony's but great sound)

Added F1 from a friend looking to get rid of his without any money in return, just beer (although I still have yet to use it)

Added Pioneer DJM900 NXS

Added Crane Pro laptop stand and still waiting on case for DJM900

Added IKEA table top, still need to put up speaker stands and back shelf

I think I'm done on the gear acquisition. I hope.

Tech Guru

Nice and clean set up man!

Though your turntables are the wrong way.

Always nice to see shelves of vinyl.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

LOL, the wrong way as in battle mode? That's a result of having a 4 ft long table with no room for the S4 and tables in "standard position" prior to getting the 5 ft long table top. Now I'm just used to it besides wanting to learn to actually scratch to mix the old school hip hop records (and digital files) I have.

I'm always on the lookout for DJs looking to sell some or all of their collections, hence all the vinyl - most of it older and obtained this way and gotten on the cheap.

Thx for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I think I'm done on the gear acquisition. I hope.
    it will never be over!

on the growing collection.

its fun to scratch once in a while. but it gets boring and repetitive if you do not have someone to scratch with.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

LOL, thx for the encouragement. (truthfully I'm thinking how nice an X1 would be for loops, etc. when spinning DVS)

I'm not looking to battle or anything scratch-wise, just want to have a better, more interesting way to mix hip hop records.

Thx on the collection! Vinyl is so freaking cool.

LOL, thx for the encouragement. (truthfully I'm thinking how nice an X1 would be for loops, etc. when spinning DVS)
    the x1 will be a nice addition to that setup. although, you could map your f1 to it. or why not use the remix decks for looping. the f1 fits nicely.

Vinyl is so freaking cool.
    saving up for 2$/pc records here in my area. the joys of finding something you like on vinyl.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    the x1 will be a nice addition to that setup. although, you could map your f1 to it. or why not use the remix decks for looping. the f1 fits nicely.

saving up for 2$/pc records here in my area. the joys of finding something you like on vinyl.
    I kind of misspoke. I meant cue point setting on the fly, and looping on the fly within a song when using DVS, but I have to figure out how to use the F1. Haven't really touched it yet...too busy listening to records and trying to fine tune mixing vinyl. If the F1 can do these things for me as well, I may be able to stall on the X1 for a bit.

Love finding older school used vinyl on the cheap!
    Last edited by ImNotDedYet; 01-14-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    it will never be over!

on the growing collection.

its fun to scratch once in a while. but it gets boring and repetitive if you do not have someone to scratch with.
    You're a freakin prophet brutha...

IMAG0232.jpg
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Very nice man

thx brutha.

Forgot to mention the Beyerdynamic DT-880 600 ohm headphones for production as well. Holy hell these are nice cans.

Digital piano is a Yamaha P-155. Push, and the Max 49 to the right of the decks.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast