Slow library loading Traktor noob question
    Tech Convert

Default Slow library loading Traktor noob question

Hi, I'm not sure if this belongs in this section this is more of a Traktor question I guess (couldn't find the "Traktor" heading under "software"), but I have an S4 MK1 and I notice that when I try to browse through my folders its very slow in loading the folder contents, the only reason this is a problem is when I'm browsing between different folders and then I have to wait "x" amount of time for the info to show, BPM and all.

So, should I be creating Playlists instead?
    I saw the "export as playlist" option, but I update my music folders regularly so would I have to keep on adding them to the playlist ? or would it somehow know I've added things to the folder and add it to the playlist as such?
    Or is there another solution to speed things up?

I'm running off a 2011 Macbook Pro i7 generation with 8GB of RAM so I doubt it's slow due to my laptop.

thanks
    I wasn't having much luck in the "S4" section.

You should look into importing your tracks into the 'Track Collection'. This way they are all analysed the first time you import making it quicker to browse.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

will that create a separate folder and duplicate the media files though ? like the same way iTunes has it's own media library that's basically just duplicates of whatever you play.