Monome

Thread: Monome

Tech Wizard

Default Monome

Recently started producing music and purchased myself a copy of Ableton Live and am now looking at my next purchase being a monome. I've read a bunch of docs on the monome and seen most of the slim pickings of videos that are out there, so I figured I'd come here to check: Is anyone still using monome? And if you are, how are you using it?

Most of the docs and videos that are out there are from 3 years ago or further back so I'm just curious if these things are still relevant. I really like that style of performing and chopping up samples and it seems like I would have an easy time implementing it into my performances, just thought I'd see if I could get any more advice on the product before I blow some money - couldn't find much on this forum about it and this is usually my go to place.

Thanks people.

Why don't you head over to the monome forum? Yes, we still use monomes!

Tech Wizard

I have looked around on the forum. I was creeping around and looking at stuff - it just isn't updated as often I felt like I could ask here. I am waiting for another batch of the 128s to come out so I have time, I'm just looking for anything. How do you like your monome?

Quote Originally Posted by doctoreasy View Post
    I have looked around on the forum. I was creeping around and looking at stuff - it just isn't updated as often I felt like I could ask here. I am waiting for another batch of the 128s to come out so I have time, I'm just looking for anything. How do you like your monome?
    That's probably not going to be anytime soon - you might look at building an arduinome/chronome or picking one up used.

The community for monome is really over there - brian, kelli, ezra, etc are all very active themselves.

Finally, you should totally get one!