Manchester area Electro DJs - I have a night if interested
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Manchester area Electro DJs - I have a night if interested

Hi - hope this is ok to post this here?

I've been working on setting up a night to be able to blast out some filthy things in Manchester and today I finally got confirmation on the date from the venue - Sat 15th Feb.

I've got a few friends who're going to play too, but just wanted to see if anyone else was up for a slot as we may have one or two? Would need to be over 18 and have usual soundcloud/online presence. Venue has nice gear (djm 800/cdj 1000s/technics) and don't mind if you prefer to use a controller.

Downside - well, moneys pretty much none for us all - it's a free door to try and launch things on but we get a 10% bar take, it's city centred, and could be a good thing that can grow if it does well.

But if this sounds of interest please PM me with details. Music's pretty much aimed at the dirtier side of electronics, but a bit of variety wouldn't be out of place. Mainly we'll be playing lots of things like this

CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Fly me out from Chicago and I will do it my bro

Would love to if I could Kwal. Be great if it grows and can do things like that. Sadly it's all super basic startup for the first one.

ps - it's Chick not Bro
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Good luck with this Jane. If I wasn't playing every Saturday I'd pop over to Mancy for beer and check the night out.
    What's the venue?

Cheers so much Karlos n that woulda been luvly if poss. I think if we do well enough for a proper booking it'll likely be a Friday in future (we managed to get Sat for this just as it's Valentines crazyness on the Fri) - so hopefully that may be a poss if it happens

The venue is The Zombie Shack - nice fun place near the centre/Oxford road/uni areas so should be hopefully be a good night. Hopefully (always a million and 1 things going on in Manchester - but hoping the free door may help).

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    ps - it's Chick not Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    hehe - no worries

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    The venue is The Zombie Shack - nice fun place near the centre/Oxford road/uni areas so should be hopefully be a good night. Hopefully (always a million and 1 things going on in Manchester - but hoping the free door may help).
    I LOVE the The Zombie Shack but then I love Tiki Bars. What a cool place to put an event on.

Post up a flyer and I'll Facebook it, I have tons of mates in Manchester. My mate is the booker at Night & Day and he's into Electro so I'm sure he and his pals would pop over. Every little helps as they say :-)

Oh wow - that's fantastic and huge huge thanks for you help !!!

My friend's painting a poster for it tonight and we'll be working on the design so hopefully have a flyer design ready to go in a day or two - hoping to have posters printed up for Sat. I came up with the name for it this afternoon which I'm quite pleased with

Apoca-Lock-N-Load @ The Zombie Shack

Hoping this doesn't kill it stone dead before we start lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I LOVE the The Zombie Shack but then I love Tiki Bars. What a cool place to put an event on.

Post up a flyer and I'll Facebook it, I have tons of mates in Manchester. My mate is the booker at Night & Day and he's into Electro so I'm sure he and his pals would pop over. Every little helps as they say :-)
    Just a quick update: Got a facebook page just up and ordered a domain, and just popped together a very quick online meme thing that kinda introduces the night.

APOCA-LOCK-N-LOAD.jpg

My artist friend is painting a Zombie/Tiki themed posted that we should have by the weekend that I'll be adding the DJs and various info to. I've not had anybody on here ask yet so offer is still open if you fancy playing ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast