How to decrease BPM accuracy in Traktor Pro 2.6.6? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

The ONLY thing you need to practice in Traktor to be able to play on CDJs in manual beatmatching! Which can easily be done with any controller that features a jog-wheel and a pitch fader, and by turning off all visual aids (BPM counter, phase meter).

Everything else (play, cue, hotcues, loops) works EXACTLY the same on CDJs as it does in Traktor: you press the respective button and - BOOM - there you go.

Getting accustomed to the different layout and figuring out how to set cues/loops on the actual hardware (hint: if you're playing on a model that doesn't support quantize, you probably want to leave your hands of the loop/auto-loop features, since that can get really messy...) should take less than 5 minutes even for the most dim-witted, technically most un-savvy DJ you can imagine.

And why the heck should NI be interested in making changes to their product to emulate another company's product???? Why would they want to make those changes to make it easier for you to switch from their product to another one once you can afford it?

In agree with you as it's NI's problem if their customers are unhappy - if they are unhappy because NI's products don't work like they're supposed to, that is.

It's NOT NI's problem if you're unhappy because their product isn't more like another company's product.

Just like it's not your girlfriends problem you're unhappy she isn't Giselle Bündchen...

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    The ONLY thing you need to practice in Traktor to be able to play on CDJs in manual beatmatching! Which can easily be done with any controller that features a jog-wheel and a pitch fader, and by turning off all visual aids (BPM counter, phase meter).

Everything else (play, cue, hotcues, loops) works EXACTLY the same on CDJs as it does in Traktor: you press the respective button and - BOOM - there you go.

Getting accustomed to the different layout and figuring out how to set cues/loops on the actual hardware (hint: if you're playing on a model that doesn't support quantize, you probably want to leave your hands of the loop/auto-loop features, since that can get really messy...) should take less than 5 minutes even for the most dim-witted, technically most un-savvy DJ you can imagine.

And why the heck should NI be interested in making changes to their product to emulate another company's product???? Why would they want to make those changes to make it easier for you to switch from their product to another one once you can afford it?

In agree with you as it's NI's problem if their customers are unhappy - if they are unhappy because NI's products don't work like they're supposed to, that is.

It's NOT NI's problem if you're unhappy because their product isn't more like another company's product.

Just like it's not your girlfriends problem you're unhappy she isn't Giselle Bündchen...
    You have a point, but, if my girlfriend could look like gisele bundchen working out 5 minutes and eating an apple a day, then it would be her problem, she would be god damn lazy.
    It is not a big deal to make the pitch fader area tunable on traktor. It is already tunable, but I spent my money and it is something I need to be more tunable.
    You are talking like NI was the great führer, calm down, I'm paying and I want stuff to be the way I want it. This is capitalism, not a dictatorship.
    Untill the head engineer of NI come to me and say it is a very hard thing to do I will believe it is very simple, because I am an engineer.

(my girlfriend actually is from the same city as gisele bundchen, so she does look like her hahahaha cdjs here may cost much but i thank god every day for our girls )
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    This is capitalism, not a dictatorship.
    That's exactly my point...

It makes no economic sense for NI to do what you want.

It probably won't boost sales of Traktor, since it's not a key feature and also there's no alternative product from another company that could do it (else you would be using it, right?). It wouldn't make you stay with Traktor either, since you pobably wouldn't say: "Meh, since Traktor perfectly emulates CDJs, I don't need to have CDJs myself."

Also, it wouldn't boost sales of any other of NI's gear (controllers), since your request is clearly aimed at being able to switch to another company's gear once you got the money.

At the same time it would increase the likelihood of people switching, since switching would be made easier as people could practice how playing on other equipment would be like.

Tech Guru

That's exactly my point...

It makes no economic sense for NI to do what you want.

It probably won't boost sales of Traktor, since it's not a key feature and also there's no alternative product from another company that could do it (else you would be using it, tight?). It wouldn't make you stay with Traktor either, since you pobably wouldn't say: "Meh, since Traktor perfectly emulates CDJs, I don't need to have CDJs myself."

Also, it wouldn't boost sales of any other of NI's gear (controllers), since your request is clearly aimed at being able to switch to another company's gear once you got the money.

At the same time it would increase the likelihood of people switching, since switching would be made easier as people could practice how playing on other equipment would be like.
    I'm sure that if it was economically positive for NI they would had already did it.
    I don't care what is economically good for NI, because I dont work there.
    Changing what I want to change is good for me and for others like the OP, so we want that.
    Simple.
    If it will be good for NI? let they crack their heads thinking, its not my or your job to do that.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

hahaha come on, you wouldnt be reading if it was so bad

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You're probably right.

Anyways, one last question...

Changing what I want to change is good for me and for others like the OP, so we want that.
    Simple.

What on earth leaves you under the impression you're entitled to get whatever you want?

Tech Guru

You're probably right.

Anyways, one last question...

What on earth leaves you under the impression you're entitled to get whatever you want?
    Ok...

I am the consumer, and when I get what I want I become a happy consumer, and a happy consumer is always a loyal consumer.
    What does that mean? (you will ask me)
    It means NI may not do exacly what I want, but if Serato or VDJ do it, you can bet I will stop buying the NI software.

I work to have my money and I want to make my clients happy.
    When I am the client I want to be happy to.

The consumer must always be a little disapointed with the products or else things wont evolve.

Tech Mentor

I am the consumer, and when I get what I want I become a happy consumer, and a happy consumer is always a loyal consumer.
    No matter how happy NI made you, you would never be a loyal consumer, since you would rather be using CDJs and probably will once you can afford them....

The same is true for everybody who wants Traktor to emulate CDJs, because that's what that request is all about.

It means NI may not do exacly what I want, but if Serato or VDJ do it, you can bet I will stop buying the NI software.
    You can bet, if other companies did it and were making money by doing so, NI would adapt those features as well. Because then it would actually make economic sense. Until then, it doesn't.

Tech Guru

No matter how happy NI made you, you would never be a loyal consumer, since you would rather be using CDJs and probably will once you can afford them....

The same is true for everybody who wants Traktor to emulate CDJs, because that's what that request is all about.

You can bet, if other companies did it and were making money by doing so, NI would adapt those features as well. Because then it would actually make economic sense. Until then, it doesn't.
    We are talking two different languages here.
    You seem to dont understand that I simply dont care what NI likes or not.
    I dont care if NI is afraid ot loosing me to the CDJs.
    Right now I want something from them, and they may not give that to me, which wouldnt be a big deal by the way, but if other software gives that I will change, and I dont care if NI addapts, NI is not my friend, nor my family.
    This is a competition between softwares and the best for me will win my money.

I dont think there is much more to discuss here, you have a different view from mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast