Having trouble with Traktor fx with CDJ800s? any help?
    Tech Mentor

Default Having trouble with Traktor fx with CDJ800s? any help?

Hey guys,

I've been a Traktor user for a few years now but I purchased CDJs to use with them. I'm using an Audio 4 and a Kontrol X1. I'm having trouble with 2 things:

1. When I try and sync my BPMs together the audio shifts, screws up the mix, and they dont sync at all together

2. My tempo fader (in Traktor) is invisible and neither show as the 'master' channel. I go to my master clock and set it to AUTO but it still doesnt change. Is there a way to change that?

thanks so much for the help!

Tech Mentor

So, you're using CDJ 800s with timecode CDs connected to your laptop via the Audio 4 and a Kontrol X1 for effects, right?

Now you're trying to beatmatch manually by using the CDJs' pitch faders.

Regarding your first question, I'd say you have to improve your beatmatching skills...

Regarding your second question: you can turn the tempo-fader on and off in Traktor's preferences. But if you're using the CDJs to beatmatch via timecode, there's really no reason why you would need the tempofader in Traktor since you can alsways look at the CDJ to see at what position the pitch fader is at that moment.

Setting the masterclock to AUTO doesn't do anything as long as you're manually beatmatching, IIRC. It only makes that, if you're using sync, Traktor automatically sets which deck is the master, i.e. which decks the other decks get synced to.