Your views on hercules steel?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your views on hercules steel?

just looking for a midi controller dont quite have enough for a vci at the moment till i get paid and i am moving house this month so just have enough to pick up the steel and a new uberstand.i like the look of the steel as allready have a audio 4 sound card and oxygen 8v2 that i can map to traktor just wondering how the steel is in traktor,and is they a midimap for it,and if there is any videos of this in use that would be great to see

Tech Mentor

I have an RMX and it works pretty good. I mean it is what it is. Im saving up to get an Arcade VCI from here, but for the money it's good. In the end it sames the same midi messages as any other midi controller.

Check out my thread which I just posted with mappings for the RMX, which is very similar to the steel, or check out my youtube channel (armyofme4340) for more midi videos

Tech Guru

another rmx guy here.

just remember the steel is an rmx with no soundcard. so if you need an audio interface your options will be a steel + a soundcard or just an rmx. the soundcard in the rmx is ok if youre just doing 4 deck internal mixing. then you can use 24 bit 48k mode. if you need to hookup turntables you might wanna go with the steel and buy something like an audio 4 or audio 8 soundcard.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Mentor

What they said.

A midi controller is whatever you do with it, and in my opinion, the Hercules RMX/Steel is a pretty good choice if you can't afford a VCI.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Mentor

The Steel has one advantage over the rmx, more buttons and I think one more knob. Its also cheaper, but without sound card it could be more expensive. Im glad I got the RMX, its solid, well built, has a nice layout and has performed very well. Its a great start into the world of controllerism.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Guru

love my rmx. with my nano control and nanopad, i pretty much have control over everything id need to control in traktor.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

i just map-ed my cousin rmx, decent piece of gear. Ill post the TSI i did for him. All in all, its a good beginners to intermediate controller, cant say too much about the soundcard cuz we had it hooked up to pc speakers
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

well as i say i allready have a audio 4 sound card so thats not a problem
    think i will give it a try as i can pick it up with a new uberstand for a good price
    and if anyone has a tsi file that would be great thanks

Tech Guru

so which one you going with, the steel or the rmx?

well if i go for any it will be the steel as i have a soundcard allready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast