DJ/Producer Duos (How does it work?) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    it's okay to agree with me...
    I did

Tech Wizard

Since you like Trance take for example Dash Berlin. It consist of three people. most people don't know that. Just one performer though.

Quote Originally Posted by thecuddler View Post
    I've been DJing for the past few years by myself. Recently I've started producing with a partner who's done amazing things for the quality of my work. We have a great working relationship and we would like to continue working together. My strength is in melody writing, arrangement, and DJing while my partner is the engineering wizard.

I love DJing, which was what pushed me to start producing, while my partner is a producer at heart. He does everything from hip hop to trance (our genre), and he's not really interested in DJing. I've never really been involved with a DJ duo so I'm not sure about the inner workings of these projects. I'm trying to figure out the best way of structuring things to make sure that we both get compensated fairly.

Do promoters pay DJ duos double when they book them? Does the extra cost for flights and accommodation put them at a disadvantage compared to other acts? Is it possible for an act to have one member travelling and performing with the other producing?

Also, in terms of marketing, what's the best way of working? I already have my own brand, website and 1000+ fans on my social media pages. My partner has never created a DJ identity, and both of us have never released any solo work. I'm reluctant to change my name, as I've put alot of work into my brand but I'd want to make sure my partner's contribution is recognized.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone on the forum can offer some advice
    - 2 Gemini CDJ 700 - DJM 750 -

https://soundcloud.com/alfredclayton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12