Traktor DJs, How do you manage files/new music and what do you name your Playlists??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor DJs, How do you manage files/new music and what do you name your Playlists??

Hey all,

two questions:

1: How do you manage files? Do you have everything on Itunes and then make playlists? and if thats the case how many songs are in each 'folder' per playlist

2: what do you name your playlists?

so what I do is have folders in itunes and then import the folders as playlists into my collection. Problem I am running into is once I reach a certain number of songs in a playlist I find myself feeling sticking to music I'm used to and not playing some of my newest stuff.

In terms of what you name your playlists, I'm really just feeding my curiosity. My lists are such as hip hop, pop, edm pop, edm electro, trap, oldschool, classic remixes, ect ect sortve like that.

how do you guys do it?

thanks for the help and info!

I usually manage my music in iTunes. I start by giving every new track all id3-information i have. Mostly thats enough due to intelligent playlists. For example my techno-playlist contains 291 songs.

If I'm playing gigs i create some playlists with tracks that go very well together and that i want to play that evening/mix-session.

i also use the latest added playlist iTunes brings on its own. This way i can't forget to play the newest tracks i found.

hope i have helped you.

greetings

This is what my crates look like matey.

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The names for my playlists are quite varied and purely based on association. So I have playlists based on a broader feel (e.g. "dark", "deep" - but I more or less stopped using those, they get too big too quickly), on the sound of certain clubs (e.g. "kater holzig"), or even the names of drugs ("ketamine house" anyone? ). Just sort them by a certain sound/feel and give it a label that you can remember
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    the names of drugs ("ketamine house" anyone? ). Just sort them by a certain sound/feel and give it a label that you can remember
    I absolutely love that idea and I'm going to start doing that. There's some tracks that are so obviously designed for specific things that there's no other way to label them. You're a genius.

i don´t use playlist. i just open folders with the specific genre i´m looking for. also no itunes for me.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    i don´t use playlist. i just open folders with the specific genre i´m looking for. also no itunes for me.
    Same

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Same
    cuz, bruv. ma seanre foldurz be the shit!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    "ketamine house"
    Deep Horse

I've got Deep/Tech House, Dark Tech House/Techno, Chill House, Bassy House/Garage, UK Garage, Minimal Techno, Acid Techno and Funky House. The Drak Tech House/Techno one is basically anything dark which doesn't really fit a genre, everything else is pretty self explanatory.

I play open format. Sometimes at clubs in the city, sometimes small country bars. I've even done a few weddings. My crates are sorted by vague genre labels with around 100-300 songs each. Top 40/House, Bass Music, Trap, Hip Hop, Rock, Redneck Shit, Remix Decks Sets.
    For specific events, I'll make a folder in my music collection and label it #Such And Such Playlist, or whatever symbol will make it pop up first when I open up my root music folder. I also have an encoder on my X1 that scrolls and opens folders, so I don't need to touch the laptop to get to any of them.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast