noob question re using iPhone as second controller

Default noob question re using iPhone as second controller

Please bare with me. I am new but have a serious question.

Can I use my iPhone for headphone cueing?

My setup is limited. I have a Macbook Pro (Traktor Pro) and a Ipad (TouchOSC) as my controller. As you can see, I can't fully utilize headphone cueing w/ this setup.

Is there an app that will let me use my iPhone just for headphone monitoring?

Any help at all would be great. Thanks in advance

Hey

Im not sure you'll be able to headphone cue via your iphone as it is merely controlling the software, not processing/manipulating the audio. However, I reckon your best bet would be configuring traktor so that you can headphone cue with your headphones plugged into your laptop. You can use a splitter to achieve this. Im not a tech guru by any means so don't take my word for it, but have a look at this - http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/08/13/traktor-dj-cable-no-need-for-a-soundcard/

FYI You can get splitter cables a hell of a lot cheaper than that one!
    Hope this helped

that'll be hilarious if it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Samsjuan View Post
    Hey

Im not sure you'll be able to headphone cue via your iphone as it is merely controlling the software, not processing/manipulating the audio. However, I reckon your best bet would be configuring traktor so that you can headphone cue with your headphones plugged into your laptop. You can use a splitter to achieve this. Im not a tech guru by any means so don't take my word for it, but have a look at this - http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/08/13/traktor-dj-cable-no-need-for-a-soundcard/

FYI You can get splitter cables a hell of a lot cheaper than that one!
    Hope this helped
    Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely going to get a splitter.

Before your reply I found out that the m-audio venom had a built in audio interface so I had a keyboard set up next to my laptop just so I could headphone cue. Pretty funny