Pioneer DDJ-SZ; The Ultimate Club-oriented Controller! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63
  1. #31
    Tech Mentor safefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Jesus that's a big controller.

    Kind of makes me want a Bozak and a pair of turntables, keep it simple.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

  2. #32
    Tech Mentor UncleFunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Perth, WA
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    well shit, controllers keep coming out for SDJ and not a single one comes out for traktor, if this keeps going traktor is DONE
    Yeah, I was thinking about that too. All the best controllers are aimed at Serato.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    well shit, controllers keep coming out for SDJ and not a single one comes out for traktor, if this keeps going traktor is DONE
    This is so ridiculous. What Traktor controller is this even competing with? No one is leaving their S4 to buy this thing. And, it's not just about the controller. The software is very important to most people. I can do EVERYTHING I need to do with my Traktor DVS system and an X1 and F1, literally. There is nothing limiting me right now. I don't sit around and wait for a controller that can FINALLY do all the things that would make my workflow better. What are you missing? What can't you do right now with current controllers? Sure, Traktor could benefit from some new controllers, but their absence is not going make Traktor "DONE", as you say. This unit would be wasted on me and many other DJs, even if it was given to me for free. Forget about convincing someone in my situation to pay $2000 for it.

  4. #34
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    The End Of The World Is Nigh.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The End Of The World Is Nigh.
    Sell your Traktor-related gear now before it loses its value.

  6. #36
    Tech Guru AllDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From The Okanagan. Canada!
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    Not going to happen as you can't analyze songs in Serato DJ when controller is connected. so you turn up with a USB stick with a bunch of un analyzed songs. auto loop/roll, Slicer, BPM (grid) oriented FX won't work because they rely on the analyzed grid. but the second scenery is possible because you can download Serato DJ and analyze you collection of songs and when connected to controller at club your ready.
    Huh? It analyzes it instantly when u load the track in...................


    Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    So other all-in-one controllers are much cheaper and more portable.
    Modular set ups are even more portable and possibly cheaper, unless you go ham on the mixer you'll be using at home.
    You can get 2x900 + DJM250 for about the same price (second hand) which will be better quality and better for practice at home.

    Am I missing something?
    Quite a lot as I dont see 4 channels on a djm 250, or the ability for stored cue points to just strike the surface of differences.

  7. #37
    Tech Mentor ConnectControl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    154

    Default

    sexy sexy. But your rainbows won't get me this time, marketing department!

  8. #38
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    446

    Default

    So if I understand this correctly, you can have 1 dj playing CDJ's or Serato DVS (standalone mixer with 4 inputs) another using Serato DJ and another using Traktor (2 USB's) without switching anything. You can always mount the CDJ's above the controller and have 1200's on the sides. This controller has 2 USB's and the the soundcard is compatible with Traktor or VDJ. Wow, that's slick.

  9. #39
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    As a traktor user i feel awful...
    NI get serious and start working with pioneer or create something equal to the sx or the sz on your own
    If NI continues like that she will become Hercules...

  10. #40
    Tech Guru dj gullum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Huh? It analyzes it instantly when u load the track in...................
    then I'm doing something wrong because for me it only anilizes the waveform and I can't use the slicer on it and loop roll are not quantized.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •