Pioneer DDJ-SZ; The Ultimate Club-oriented Controller!
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Pioneer DDJ-SZ; The Ultimate Club-oriented Controller!

Holy fuck this is awesome. I want it. Sadly, my SX is only 3 months old so I'm not quite sure if I can justify it... What to do what to do??

http://pioneerdj.com/english/product...er/ddj-sz.html

/Edit:
    Ok, just watched the video. Basically it is the DJM900NXS with jogwheels the size of CDJ2000's but with the much nicer SX feel, and they're tension adjustable. Instead of 6 colour fx it has 4 together with 4 Oscilator fx. It will allow for a RMX-station. It is just so complete.

It costs €1.999,- in Europe (at least The Netherlands) which easily makes it double as expensive as an SX and as it's even bigger and around 10KG not as easily transportable anymore. However, even with an expensive €2k laptop it's stil cheaper than a CDJ2000/DJM900NXS setup. I would like to go to bed with it and have it's babies but I'm not sure if I can justify another 2k invested in something that will barely leave my home unlike the SX which leaves at least 3 times a week...

Anyways, here's the video:
    Last edited by Student; 01-22-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Tech Guru

The best controller on the market, I wish pioneer would make those CDJ style controllers separate

Saw this earlier this morning and think it's a great step in the controller direction for the guys that don't want to use controllers that still use TTs and CDJs/DJMs..

I think what will nail it on the head for me is if they take out a version with a screen so we don't have to rely on a laptop. Then i will be sold..

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    The best controller on the market, I wish pioneer would make those CDJ style controllers separate
    I agree. I think the biggest problem for a lot of DJ's will be that they're not used to using a button for decks 1&3 & 2&4 so putting up a separate 'CDJ-SZ' for those last decks would make it absolutely club-ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Saw this earlier this morning and think it's a great step in the controller direction for the guys that don't want to use controllers that still use TTs and CDJs/DJMs..

I think what will nail it on the head for me is if they take out a version with a screen so we don't have to rely on a laptop. Then i will be sold..
    Is that not the XDJ-Aero? That's stand alone with a screen. If you need to implement a screen in this thing it becomes ginormous!

I'm loving this - amazing gear just a shame there's no send /return for their RMX units.

Def hoping there's now a more pro level XDJ Aero kind of unit on the horizon for Rekordbox/working with Traktor/Cross etc as that would be immense. If there is - PLEASE Pioneer get a Send/Return in there. And make it in white as well on Launch (not too much to ask I know )
    Last edited by Jane; 01-22-2014 at 07:47 AM.
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Guru

Damn!

Most of the controllers out there look like kid stuff, but this one really impresses me!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

That's probably the nicest controller I've ever seen. My only issue is, it seems a bit big to fit in a small DJ booth. It could involve a lot of shuffling stuff around... Still though, wow. A+

Tech Guru

That thing is a beast! As someone said earlier this could be the first step towards an industry controller install. It's a win/win either way for Pioneer: Clubs with lighter budgets may pick one of these up, and clubs with money to blow will buy platinum DJM 900 and 8 CDJ 2000NXS that wirelessly transfers money to your bank account

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    That thing is a beast! As someone said earlier this could be the first step towards an industry controller install. It's a win/win either way for Pioneer: Clubs with lighter budgets may pick one of these up, and clubs with money to blow will buy platinum DJM 900 and 8 CDJ 2000NXS that wirelessly transfers money to your bank account
    ...but what happens when a DJ turns up with the "industry standard" wallet of CD's..?
    I cannot see any club installing a midi controller at the expense of the standard mixer/cdj combination. I realise that your post has some sarcasm in it mate but people are starting to post this theory and it's just not gonna happen.

This is a very impressive controller... VERY IMPRESSIVE... but I'll be amazed if I ever see one in a club. They are too expensive for the average user to buy and gig with and I'll be surprised if any Pro DJ's pick up on this other than sponsored Pioneer DJ's.

At a metre wide you would have to totally dismantle the existing booth equipment to fit it in, even in the biggest of booths.

One minute everyone is decreeing the death of all-in-one controllers and the rise of the Nexus style setup. The next minute we are hearing that clubs/DJ's will be buy an all-in-one that is as large as a Nexus setup.

Oh... and I thought everyone was all about 'modular' these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    ...but what happens when a DJ turns up with the "industry standard" wallet of CD's..?
    I cannot see any club installing a midi controller at the expense of the standard mixer/cdj combination. I realise that your post has some sarcasm in it mate but people are starting to post this theory and it's just not gonna happen.

This is a very impressive controller... VERY IMPRESSIVE... but I'll be amazed if I ever see one in a club. They are too expensive for the average user to buy and gig with and I'll be surprised if any Pro DJ's pick up on this other than sponsored Pioneer DJ's.

At a metre wide you would have to totally dismantle the existing booth equipment to fit it in, even in the biggest of booths.
    I agree with you, as nice as it is, I HIGHLY doubt I'd see this at any venue out by me. Especially one that brings in bigger artists who probably will ask to play on a set of 2000's and a 900/92. It'll just create hassle.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast