After Some advice
    Tech Wizard

Default After Some advice

My setup is 2cdj 2000, nexus mixer, and 2 Pioneer S DJ08 Monitors i have it all connect to my computer and use the music of the computer. My question is ,is there a way of telling if i am playing my speakers too loud cause i dont want to break them. I know about going into the red on the mixer but these speakers come with a control for volume so has nothing to do with the mixer. Anything i can do or buy just had a house party a few weeks ago and some one kept asking for the volume to go higher and i did not want to just in case i broke them

Just keep the volume on the monitors at about half maybe, and adjust with the gain/master out on the mixer. If you use Traktor or what not there is a gain you can adjust in the software as well.

Yeah, what Kwal said...just don't crank the monitor volumes too high. Halfway should leave you with plenty of headroom to not blow them. You could probably go up to 3/4 and still not worry, but it may be song dependent at that point as well as staying out of the red on the mixer.

Tech Guru

The manual suggests that the SDJ speakers have cutoff limiters built-in (page 11) so you should be fine as long as you keep your levels out of the red.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

You can use a hard limiter and a RMS volt meter to set the limit. Everything else is just a guess.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39