Performing live with Ableton? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tekki - you're not M. Bréqs from the olden days of the Ableton forum?

Are you???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Good tip, thanks... out of interest do you guys just use three bands within your custom EQ8 or more? My hardware mixer (old and crap as it is) only has 3 band EQ for both tracks so would need some getting used to if I switched to more. I like to use the EQ a LOT when transitioning.

You'd disable 5 of the 8 bands in the EQ8, then customise the Q and the Freq. for each of your 3 remaining bands.

EQ8 settings for emulating Xone/Pioneer EQ settings:

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=161248

I expect Tarekith can give you better info on this than I can...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You'd disable 5 of the 8 bands in the EQ8, then customise the Q and the Freq. for each of your 3 remaining bands.

EQ8 settings for emulating Xone/Pioneer EQ settings:

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=161248

I expect Tarekith can give you better info on this than I can...
    Loving this forum already, genuinely helpful! Thanks so much for the tips.

Dunno why I dropped / ignored this music thing for so many years... more fun than anything else!

Yep. But EQ3 sounds HORRIBLE. Better off using a custom EQ8.
    EQ3.8 v2 FTW!!!

good luck on your transition, I personally didn't find myself enjoying djing within ableton when I tried it out. To each their own and I hope you find what you're looking for. I have an APC40 at home and use it in ableton but djing via ableton just didn't seem hands on enough for me as would a set of cdjs and a mixer, although.. i am a slave to my dvs these days.

Tech Wizard

I use Ableton in Live. It's solid. It's great fun, and in party, peoples find it sexier than CDJs.
    2 downside :
    - warp sometimes fail, you gotta check it before (and you can't import really as you play*)
    - default mapping didn't work for me, so you need some time to tweak and make you own

* (it solves the "hey , I have this really good song, can I plug my iphone in, so you can play the mp3 ?" situation)

Regarding eq : i use the eq8 + mapulator thing so i can do everything with one button (emulate the DJM LP to HP knob)

Tech Wizard

I'm very new to DJing, but I already do a lot with Ableton and would like to start doing some mixes with Ableton and my Push/Launchpad. I read somewhere on here though that when DJing a club you are often required to use their gear.. obviously with the setup I mentioned I won't be proficient using a "traditional" DJ setup with a real mixer/CDJs or a DJ controller. Can I just roll up to the club and hook in my laptop with an audio interface and my Push? How do you other Ableton guys do this?

Tekki - you're not M. Bréqs from the olden days of the Ableton forum?

Are you???
    Nope, sorry.

But ehm... The reference is a good thing?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by lose311 View Post
    I'm very new to DJing, but I already do a lot with Ableton and would like to start doing some mixes with Ableton and my Push/Launchpad. I read somewhere on here though that when DJing a club you are often required to use their gear.. obviously with the setup I mentioned I won't be proficient using a "traditional" DJ setup with a real mixer/CDJs or a DJ controller. Can I just roll up to the club and hook in my laptop with an audio interface and my Push? How do you other Ableton guys do this?

Why not?

It should not be any different than DJing with MIDIcontrollers.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast